TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And can you find a TW thats "too nice"to ride or do you feel all TW"s need to be ridden ?

I think I run both ways I have items that are very well preserved and I just enjoy them as art I recall a 1995 Rainbow Warrior I had with 2 actual miles actually 2.8 and had 4 miles when I traded it away years later. The Gent that has it now rides it regularly but has restored things like the fork boots which had slight fade in a spot and he replaced the handlebars that had scratches from strap hooks when the dealer hauled it away from the original owners estate and he's a detailer by trade so the bike has never looked better and last I saw it was just over 100 miles and he did let me ride it around his neighborhood which was cool
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

I do love to see pristine preserved TW's go to people who do plan ride and enjoy them
Just today a friend stopped by my shop and I have a 2014 with 405 miles (thanks to a fellow forum member who brought me the deal) and a 2005 with 255 miles both of which I picked up this week and he asked me if they were new bikes I was assembling lol - the 2014 is my 2nd favorite all time TW color scheme and the 2005 is my all time favorite color scheme
I had just gave them a super detail wash using the foam cannon (I learned about foam cannons from the guy who has thew 95 Rainbow Warrior) and I'm installing new batteries and refreshing the carb on the 2005
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Long story short if I end up putting a new beauty mark one one of my rigs I don't mind as log as I have the story that goes with it

·
Registered
215 Posts
I can't tell you how refreshing your post is and your attitude toward riding these bikes.

I got started with late '60s and early '70s Honda Trail bikes. So many people go to great pains to remove the history / patina, painstakingly restore a bike then display it in their basement. What a sad ending for such a fun machine.

I bought my 7yr old a 1974 Z50. It now has a small dent in the tank but the memories are worth so much more than if I freaked out, yelled and screamed and fixed the dent.

Whatever bikes we own, we own them to ride. Like kids or pets, they need to get out and play.

Sent from the demons in my head

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If I ever pick up a used T-dub to redo ..
Or a resto is justified by age ,milage or just poor owner care...
I would love to do one with a red frame ,swingarm , seat and rack
White carbon fiber plastics with blue accents... Oil plug and such ...
Topped off with chrome handlebars , mirrors and wheels......
mike from NC

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
hmm carbon fiber plastics I had never thought of that but how cool would that be !
The white carbon fiber I'm talking about only looks like carbon fiber...
They are made of plain oll plastic .. by maier

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think there has ever been a green TW200
hmm good point the right green might be nice but they probably stay away cuz thats kind of an early Kawasaki color however some of the green and black Kawasaki schemes were really pretty

there was that turquoise year of TW maybe like 1991 or so " still not green and not pretty lmao

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have seen green T-dubs done in a military theme ...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Dream TW? One of those factory TW225's they have overseas would fit the bill quite nicely...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a new project, which i will need to buy a new tank for, and repaint the frame, and new seat, so I can go back to original (white with red frame), or chose anything i like. Limited to new plastics colours, but there is a yellow option, which i dont see many TWs in. What do you think!?

·
Registered
TW200, DR650, 66 BMW R69/s, 1939 HD Flathead
137 Posts
I absolutely love the 2021-2022 black / grey color scheme...... I wanted a Tdub for years, but that color scheme made me get up and go get one. And, I was lucky, when I decided to, there was a brand new one just sitting there..... no waiting at all. Funny thing is, I have since sold that beautiful tank off, as I know it will never go back on when I can have a Clark 4.1 gallon available

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
My dream TW.....

• 300cc (Fan/Oil cooled)
  • EFI
  • Semi-Automatic 6-speed (6th geared for road use. And, yes....there are situations a clutch is beneficial, but there are situations where a semi-auto would be too)
  • Reverse gear (Would not be a big weight gain, alone, but would add to the cost. Thinking mostly beneficial for the older folks, and I'll admit I'd love it, even though I wouldn't physically need it....yet)
  • Back-up Kick Start w/Compression Release
  • 3-3.5gln tank
  • Comfy seat
  • Inch, or so, more suspension travel F&R.
  • LED lighting
  • Rear Disc (Mainly for optimal safety, when combined with front, during faster road speeds)

Unfortunately, these would raise the price quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts