TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well CJ7pilot thats what mine would have looked like once! The tank is beyond repair unfortunately hope to find one. So maybe it should look close to that again soon - ish!
Hey Roost, I think I might have a tank for you. I'll snap some photos today, and pm you. (y)

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Motorcycle's and toys were made to be played with all tw were made to be ridden, im a firm believer you can use stuff and not just abuse it so it can be nice to enjoy for a long time. They need to make a orange colored tw
I think Fred made his TW (Betty Boop) an Orange 225! 🤪

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
For a couple of years Betty Boop was fluorescent orange but needed an annual re-paint due to fading.
Simple signal orange now with metallic blue accents lasts, but isn't as much fun under a portable black light at camp..
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

However just today I was admiring my '81 YZ250 gathering dust abandoned in the shed. Mine doesn't look nearly this nice but still think the SpeedBlock could work on a TW.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I agree with PlacerLode. My favorite color scheme is the still the 2005. If I could ever find an NOS or mint 05 gas tank I would probably convert mine.
Hey Fred, it sure looks like that sweet little air cooled two stroke 250 engine would slip right into a TW frame ;)! You might want to get it dusted off o_O.

View attachment 226314
this era of Yamaha 250 and 400cc two strokes were bordering insanely fast with the 400 having bottom end but top end 250 and 400 were a dead heat I owned and rode both extensively
I think the power would make the TW dangerous with its limited suspension the TW would rooster tail the rear tire from 0 to 60 and then you'd get a lesson what 12" suspension travel is nice lol

I realize TWBrian was kidding but it brings back memories

My fav Yamaha was the 75 MX400B and I also had the MX250B but the 400 was a dream machine on the muddy trails of Western Washington state there was no muddy hill the MX400B could lay waste to I could almost stop half way up and throttle up like a moonshot it left me and the people watching flabbergasted lol
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Since I am responsible for taking some threads sideways, it is time to be on topic
I was quite satisfied with my blue and white 2016 TW.
I was excited with the color theme of my 2018 XT250
I am absolutely ecstatic awaiting a 2022 XT250

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Mountain

Tire Wheel Sky Mountain Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle

So, if I were to get another TW200, I'd strongly prefer the 2021-2022 colors.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I probably post too many pics, but I was on a Sportster forum for almost 10 years that did not support pics and thereafter another Sportster forum for 10 years that did not directly host pics...so, maybe I am making up for lost time?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
In the '70s when I used to ride around Randsburg, Red mountain, Johannesburg and Cuddeback dry lake, I was happy that the town of Mojave had a coin operated car wash!

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Desert dust is so much easier to remove than mountain mud!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts