Registered
545 Posts
I think it has a bigger engine that our TWs,
Looks OK,
Looks like it makes 220v which is important,
Says 74 Db which is not too bad.
Cheap price too,
How much will you actually need it?
I have a BIG battery inverter which I can use in case I really need power for an hour of two,
Ive also let my 1990 diesel suburban idle for about 4 hours with the inverter running,
I thing my Diesel uses less fuel than the Generator above,
Again,
How often will you use it and will other people be around?
I like the Honda generators which are so quiet no-one complains about the drone,
Peter B

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I don't own one but I've read good things about the brand. I'd buy one of these if I were in the market for one.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I think the physical size of it will make the use of it with your trailer very cumbersome. I agree with the suggestion of the smaller Honda.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need it to power a 1.5 ton A/C unit on the trailer and charge the batteries when boon docking the smaller ones need two and a wire kit.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I bought this generation for my 32 ft Jayco camper years ago.

image.jpeg
[video]http://www.yamahagenerators.com/EF3000iS-p/ef3000is.htm[/video]

If I had it to do over again I would have bought these two and hooked them in parallel when I needed the extra power. You can carry them easy and you can also hook them up to a boat gas tank. You will need a quiet generator for campgrounds.

image.jpeg
[video]http://www.yamahagenerators.com/Yamaha-EF2000iSv2-p/ef2000isv2.htm[/video]

·
Registered
746 Posts
That does look like a decent generator and a very good price.
Generators are kinda a hobby for me, too. I prefer diesel, but you would be hard pressed to find a diesel genny at that price.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like how propane fueled engines last several times longer than the exact same engine fired by gasoline.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts