1, best money I ever spent
2, a total waste of money
If you own one of these please take a second to post which camp you are in
Thanks for your time
You forgot number 3, they look cool.

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
They do look nice but consume a bit of space that can otherwise hold maps or a cap.
I've broken two of them smacking into trees, one is currently under repair.
I cannot attest to any aerodynamic benefits however a few have made their own larger versions out of various plastics with good reported improvements to buffeting and top speed.
Buying one does help a very good fireman & forum member who has invested time & monsy to make these avaialble to us.
While I just have the smoke color ones the other colors can really set off a bike's color scheme nicely. Blue on a blue accented TW looks fantastic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a black one on my 2019. I installed it prior to putting many quality miles on the bike. Due to that, I don't have any real evidence that they perform some miracle wind deflection. Worst case scenario, it gives some extra real estate for awesome stickers!
They look cool. I'm definitely not taking it off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wouldn’t say best money I’ve ever spent, but it’s a nice product, and does an ample job of diverting wind away from chest/neck area for me. Of course this is at speeds where it becomes effective.

Also, I like the looks of it on the bike.

I purchased the smoke since I’m never gonna need to, or be able, duck behind it for any reason, and if I decide to mount the phone horizontally behind it, it’ll offer some protection from sun.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have one, like it and would say it does exactly what Jimbo says it does. If you research motorcycle windshield turbulence you will see how it works, at speed one either needs to have your helmet in clean air above the turbulence or behind the windshield below the turbulence to stop the buffeting of ones head,

in the case of the Jimbo shield, it breaks the wind force on my chest and puts the turbulence just below my helmet. where this becomes most evident is at highway speeds.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It works at speeds over 30mph. For trail work, it's more of a bother than a help. But for getting to the trail, it makes the ride a lot less tiresome. I've found the sweet spot for crouching so the air flows over the shield, then over my helmet. If I sit too high, it forces air up under my helmet.
It's one of those mods that, if I never heard of it, I would have never missed it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had one on my last TW. For me I don't think it did much to block the wind but it looked great.
I may or may not add one to the current TW. Jim is a great guy and I like to support small businesses, so if I buy another one that would be one of the reasons. Otherwise it would pretty much just because it looks great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts