TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
My dog is starting to have seizures. He is a 12 year old, 100lb yellow lab - looks like they really suck. poor fella.
We lost our much loved and remembered 100 Lb black lab / golden retriever mix at 10 years to cancer. Here she is at just a pup. She was such joy and so we named her Joy!
Yes take your meds, I take so many for HBP and other heart issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I don't know what to say..Really rough time.
I'm not a man of many words in tragic times. I have found that just listening to others who need to express their feelings is a perfectly acceptable role. We all have our own way of dealing with these things.

Tom

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. The nefew of my best friend had epilepsy pretty bad. I got him a job working with me doing fast paced manufacturing production work when no one else would hire him. He did a great job for many years, but several times a year we needed to call an ambulance to get him care. Later he decided to go in for surgery to stop the seizures which worked. The down side was not so good it changed his delightful personality and his work started to suffer so my boss fired him. My work place wasn't the best place for him but it did give him some independance. He did get another job but not for long. The sad ending is he ended up committing suicide. I believe the surgery was mostly at fault plus his disorder. This happened many years ago and I am still saddened about this when I think of him. Better times are ahead.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
So sorry to hear about this and others losses. RIP to all and a prayer for those left behind. My best school buddy had epilepsy real bad back in the early 1960s long before they had many of the new medications and procedures to help him. I remember well just how helpless we all felt when he would suddenly just go bonkers. I was assigned to sit directly behind him in class just to keep an eye on him so he did not fall and hurt himself. Wow was that both sad and bad and he was never able to warn us a GM seizure was coming. His family moved somewhere out in Minnesota where they had a special school for him around 8th grade.

Come to think of it I have a few friends suffering from seizures as we speak. They are liberal democrats so I am hoping they get over it pretty soon and make their lives great again.

GaryL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts