TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My house has been paid off for five years now did the 15 year deal. I will be talking to a rep from solar city at noon tomorrow I am thinking about leasing equipment :icon_sunny: for 20 years no money out of my pocket, and buying my electric from solar city and use local power (APS) company as back up. now I live in Phoenix (SUN) has anyone done this?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
So, is Solar City offering something for nothing? Hmmmm????? Be very careful. I've lived with solar a few short times. Those times weren't short enough. Daily maintenance required just to keep the dust off the collectors/panels or efficiency suffered dramatically.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The side of the roof the panels will go has sun 12 hours of the day sun is not the problem I will let you know the sale pitch a lot of my Neighbors have panels as I live on a Golf course. I am more worried about a golf ball breaking a panel so if it is covered on the company insurance it is a go!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The side of the roof the panels will go has sun 12 hours of the day sun is not the problem I will let you know the sale pitch a lot of my Neighbors have panels as I live on a Golf course. I am more worried about a golf ball breaking a panel so if it is covered on the company insurance it is a go!
It is a no go Golf balls are not covered on insurance and the company would want me to sign a wavier to cover the cost NOT!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good luck . never worked for me Had to use the generator too much even though I had a huge battery bank in California off the grid . I could have bought a lot of PG&E for what the stuff and diesel cost me. Not to method the work . Was a beautiful house location on 40 acres though but it was a lifestyle I could not afford in retirement .
My house has been paid off for five years now did the 15 year deal. I will be talking to a rep from solar city at noon tomorrow I am thinking about leasing equipment :icon_sunny: for 20 years no money out of my pocket, and buying my electric from solar city and use local power (APS) company as back up. now I live in Phoenix (SUN) has anyone done this?

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Have a spot off the grid near Terlingua TX. Buried a 12-foot diameter steel pipe for an underground house--exposed end faces south and has a glass wall. No need for heat or air, a small fan is all that is needed for ventilation when there is not enough difference in indoor and outdoor temps for the geothermal umbrella HVAC system to work, 1 amp, runs forever on the bazillion amp/hour fork lift battery with jumpers rewired to make it a huge 12 volt. Uses about a gallon of distilled water per year. Charged by homemade 400 watt photovoltaic panel array inside the windows to keep the dust off. Yes, inside is inefficient, but enough to keep the battery peaked and then some. When I'm there I move the system outside and can run an RV frig on 12 volt and some lights and such, and the battery stays charged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts