TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across this today. That the engine is effectively the swing arm and is turning a golf cart sized tire caught my attention. Twin shocks and the elalaborate space frame were unusual.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Brian. The Ruckus sure is unusual, sort of looks like something that should be vending newspapers or gum balls on a street corner. Maybe I won't trade my TW in for one for off-road work though. Might be good for Desert Adventure Touring.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
never ridden one, but i'd rather keep my ct90.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The OP is a Ruckus 50. The one in the video is a Big Ruckus 150. When I was looking for wheels, I kept flopping back and forth between the Ruckus 50 and the TW. I was afraid to get the Ruckus because I thought it would be too much of a farkles/money-suck... BAHAHAHAHHAAA

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I totally called it - hooray for me! I used to own an '07 Ruckus. Fun little turtle.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Sorry about that - I'm not good with maths ;). I knew /about/ the Big Ruckus, but was more interested in Baby. Sorry!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
.....Honda didn't make a 150cc Ruckus, ...
Honda didn't, but there are Chinese clones of the Ruckus with a 150cc GY-6 engine.

For a while there were clones of the Big Ruckus, but they still used the 150cc engine....haven't seen any lately.

The smaller Ruckus clones are still available.

jb

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks Brian. The Ruckus sure is unusual, sort of looks like something that should be vending newspapers or gum balls on a street corner. Maybe I won't trade my TW in for one for off-road work though. Might be good for Desert Adventure Touring.
This reminds me of a friend of mine who rode his 50cc Yamaha BWS from Pretoria to Cape Town, (a quick google says 911 miles) over a few days.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The original photos of this thread are of a Chinese made ruckus clone. They sell them on this island, and just the other day I saw a gang of 7 of them buzzing by.
I believe they are available in 50cc to 150cc engines. They cost a lot less than a rukus and the one nearest me seems trouble free.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I think the Ruckus looks cool. I have, however, learned to like something without the need to own one. lololol Well, on some things at least. I still want a late model Corvair.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put a blower on it, paint it red and have the coolest Corvair in all of Wichita. d0d4120501a32919f88f3b46abe636c7.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts