Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Nope.

I've known a lot of long-term users.

Let's just say they're a few cards short in the deck. A few bricks short of a load. Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.

I don't see any need to make myself like that...for the hell of it. I'd rather go riding.
Are you sure you have a full load...

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know some don't feel the freedom to actually tell the truth and say they use it and that's ok. I used it recreationally for years when I was younger. I also went many many years without it. I came back to it when I realized it could help me with several physical problems I have and I have been well pleased with the help it does give. I will be the first to say that it is not a "cure all" but it certainly helps. I feel it is the lesser of evils when compared to chemical drugs and prescriptions that eat up your liver and kidneys and/or drugs that cause dependency.

Justpassinthru, if you became sick and your doctor suggested it, would you consider using it versus other prescriptions?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I think I'm in a better position to judge than are you.

And if you're advocating using a mild hallucinogenic recreationally...I'd say my judgment in general is sounder than your own.
no intent to offend JPT, just seemed like a rather blanket/generalized judgement of cannabis and those who consume it. I am sure you are the best judge of the circumstances of your life, I was only asking the question.

I am always fascinated by how opinionated we can all be...

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope.

Let's just say they're a few cards short in the deck. A few bricks short of a load. Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.

I don't see any need to make myself like that...for the hell of it. I'd rather go riding.
I haven't gone a day without for about 15 years and I have to say, I'm as sharp as I ever was, if I ever was. :D

I'm giving you a "like" because you had the balls to say it like you feel it. I can respect any ones opinion. But if you have never tried it, how do you really know if it is beneficial or not? Just sayin.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm in a better position to judge than are you.

And if you're advocating using a mild hallucinogenic recreationally...I'd say my judgment in general is sounder than your own.
Again, without ever having tried it....? How can you say? It's described as a mild analgesic and is helpful for many things just like aspirin.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Nope.

That's a somewhat ignorant/biased statement, in my opinion.

Sure there are many piece of shit stoners- that's a given, and undeniable. But there are many pieces of shit who are not stoners as well, it is not drugs that make you a retard.

It's just that the retards are the ones who advertise that they do it and make all the others look bad. There are many people who smoke pot and are completely normal functioning humans who you would never suspect did drugs if they didn't tell you [I know a few myself]. I went to a recreational dispensary once when they first passed the law in Colorado legalizing it, and youmight be surprised to know there were just as many suit wearing characters waiting in line (in the snow) as there were section-8 losers.

I don't do it often [as in I can count how many times with my fingers how many times I have smoked, it's not really my jam], but I know a few who do who are not air-wasters like you think.

You say you'd rather go riding, and I'd agree, but that's not everyone's deal. Just think- when most people think of bikers they think of criminal gang types or that asshole that was lanesplitting past them at 113.56 mph and they think 'fuck those guys' and that all bikers are irresponsible. But for every dickhead biker, there's thousands of normal law-obeying characters like you (maybe) and me. But they disregard and forget about every other motorcyclist and just think of that dick with the loud pipes blasting past them.

It's the same deal. I don't do it because I don't like it, but getting back to the question at hand, I believe anyone who wants to should be able to. Fuck the goverment telling me what is right for me.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Nope.

just because you know a few knuckleheads that use it doesn't really mean anything unless you're saying it made them dumber than they were before they started...i know recreational users that are intelligent and function just fine in society...

I can respect any ones opinion. But if you have never tried it, how do you really know if it is beneficial or not? Just sayin.
^^^this...it helps more than it hurts and it shouldn't be illegal...cigarettes and alcohol are far worse...i'd even like to see mushrooms be legal as well :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
That's a somewhat ignorant/biased statement, in my opinion.

Sure there are many piece of shit stoners- that's a given, and undeniable. But there are many pieces of shit who are not stoners as well, it is not drugs that make you a retard.

It's just that the retards are the ones who advertise that they do it and make all the others look bad. There are many people who smoke pot and are completely normal functioning humans who you would never suspect did drugs if they didn't tell you [I know a few myself]. I went to a recreational dispensary once when they first passed the law in Colorado legalizing it, and youmight be surprised to know there were just as many suit wearing characters waiting in line (in the snow) as there were section-8 losers.

I don't do it often [as in I can count how many times with my fingers how many times I have smoked, it's not really my jam], but I know a few who do who are not air-wasters like you think.

You say you'd rather go riding, and I'd agree, but that's not everyone's deal. Just think- when most people think of bikers they think of criminal gang types or that asshole that was lanesplitting past them at 113.56 mph and they think 'fuck those guys' and that all bikers are irresponsible. But for every dickhead biker, there's thousands of normal law-obeying characters like you (maybe) and me. But they disregard and forget about every other motorcyclist and just think of that dick with the loud pipes blasting past them.

It's the same deal. I don't do it because I don't like it, but getting back to the question at hand, I believe anyone who wants to should be able to. Fuck the goverment telling me what is right for me.
^^^good analogy...generalizations don't work when you're dealing with a large group of people from all different walks of life

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
You know Hoot is one to avoid conflict, Hell....being shy type, I always hesitate to give personal views of my life past or present:D

So with some hesitation, I can say I{along with a few knuckleheads, one named Montezuma} smoked the sheet out of the sh*t from about 1970 through 1977, and then on rare occasions until about 1980....but raising a family and having to protect my Gubberent Job, I felt no reason to continue, and really could care less if somebody likes to partake in the heathen devil weed....none of my damn business, unless they are trying to supply it to impressionable family members.....or driving on the highways like some damn fools do, with both weed and drink....:mad:

On the other hand, a good craft beer, and hand rolled Cigars are on my "sin" list.....

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not an analgesic.

It's a mild hallucinogen.

That's not opinion and it's not open to debate. It's known pharmacological fact.
You know how much we love debating around here in the basement!! ;)

I beg to differ Sir.
Medical Marijuana and Chronic Pain - TruthOnPot.com
There are thousands of other articles calling it an Analgesic. To say it's not helpful medically is wrong, although I realize you didn't say that... I'm not saying it is or is not for you, but what if a doctor suggested it for you? Would you rather be on prescription meds or would you be open minded enough to try it?

I've said it before and will say it again, I believe less is better with all meds. I only use just enough to take the edge off the pain and make it more manageable. I can say for certain, that if I had been using chemical drugs and prescriptions that I would have died quite a while ago. At some point and hopefully not for a while yet, they can fill me up with opiates when I am dying, but for now...a little marijuana helps. Thank the Good Lord!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Boy Tommy you got me all fired up now.. giggle. :p NO I do not and have never used marijuana or any illegal drug, or prescription drug for illegal reasons. BUT that doesn’t mean, if I was to be in constant physical pain, and my doctor prescribed it, that I wouldn’t use it.

It’s illegal in my state and I’m glad of that.

I know folks who use it for both recreational use and for medical use…the ones using for recreational use are definitely a little less with it than the medical users. Could their brain be fried or were they always destined to be stupid? Who knows.

Tommy – someone once told me that when you use it for medical reasons you don’t actually smoke enough to get yourself stoned - you just smoke enough to take the pain away. Is that right or was this person blowing smoke up my @ss? :eek: I’m thinking the latter.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JPT, I'm still giving you "likes" just for participating in the discussion. :D

1 - 20 of 199 Posts