TW200 Forum banner

Do you work on your TW? Do you enjoy it?

• YES I work on my TW, YES I enjoy it.

Votes: 85 84.2%
  • NO I don't have time/energy to work on my TW, but YES I would enjoy it.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • YES I work on my TW, NO I don't enjoy it.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • NO I don't work on my TW, NO I don't enjoy it.

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, been with the forum for a while but never participated until now...got an 87 model about 2 years ago and due to unfortunate family matters could not start working on it till now... I should have gotten into the bike a little better when I bought it BUT I didn’t. Now, it’s an 87 with the “Chinese” carb. I was going to rebuild it, got the kit.. and can find nothing on the carb... no diagrams, no YouTube nothing... what a rats nest to say the least.. any help out there for this carburetor.... taking it apart, replacement carb ?...???

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's not the maintenance and modification work I enjoy, it's the RIDE! It's not that I'm not capable, but If I liked dirty grease and tight spots, I'd be a mechanic. I'd rather make stuff on the lathe/mill/router table/table saw/welder/grinder than fix my motorcycle/truck/lawnmower. MAKING stuff is fun. FIXING stuff is not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok, been with the forum for a while but never participated until now...got an 87 model about 2 years ago and due to unfortunate family matters could not start working on it till now... I should have gotten into the bike a little better when I bought it BUT I didn’t. Now, it’s an 87 with the “Chinese” carb. I was going to rebuild it, got the kit.. and can find nothing on the carb... no diagrams, no YouTube nothing... what a rats nest to say the least.. any help out there for this carburetor.... taking it apart, replacement carb ?...???
I just bought one of the Rad Racing Chinese replacements on Amazon. For $45, there isn't really a reason not to. That'll definitely be easier than breaking into it and trying to figure it out since the one on there is already an after market.

With that said, it's essentially the same as the OEM, so if you look at any OEM charts of the carb, you'll know how to work on the Chinese after market carb.

I used this site to purchase some replacement parts, but also used their diagram to get a better overall understanding of the complete break down of the carb:
https://www.yamahapartspro.com/oemparts/a/yam/5b969bb587a86610c0685944/carburetor

Note: They have similar images for ALL parts of the bike as well.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts