TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little sister has a small chihuahua, and I would like to be able to take her on rides on the TW. Does anyone know how it could be done?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Duct tape works well if they're still breathing.

Otherwise a milk crate will serve.

Lots of states have funky new laws about where and how animals can be hauled on a bike. Might want to check on those.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you have a rack on the back of the TW? If so I would get a small pet carrier and bolt it on. Take the chihuahua to the pet store and see what size carrier you need.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Hauling a dog or pet on the TW can get kind of tricky. I'll have to ponder this question before making an educated guess.

If the dog is mild mannered enough, the crate or pet carrier mentioned above would do well if you have a rack in the back. There are probably other ways as well, but those mentioned are good ones.

If it works out, you and the dog will love it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hate to admit I know this, but they actually make backpacks that you can put little dogs in. I like the milk crate idea, but if the dog's not too smart, you may want to zip them inside of something. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My little sister has a small chihuahua, and I would like to be able to take her on rides on the TW. Does anyone know how it could be done?

The OP talks about his sister and "would like to take her on rides". The dog is a male and could be held hostage until the sister gets on the bike. Can you tell I used to edit technical stuff? tom

·
Registered
190 Posts
i like the milk crate idea. put a soft blanket in bottom so dog will laydown and buy one of those bungie tank nets to put over the top. should keep it in. or duct tape

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Go to your local pet store. (Petco) They have backpacks for small dogs. My wife and friends just came back from there scooter ride that they took her small dog along on.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
My first dog LOVED riding with us.. I had a front shoulder pack made for small dogs. We would ride for miles...... Sadly she died at age 14. My new dogs isn't crazy about rides.. The longest ride for her was less than a mile, then I got the "LOOK" to return home.. OMM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts