TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It was in the baggie I got from the dealer, along with the manual, battery terminal add-ons, oil filler tube and the rubber strap for the tool kit.
It is metal - painted steel. 2015 TW200 Canada.
WP_20150806_013.jpg WP_20150806_014.jpg WP_20150806_015.jpg

Registered
Ok I'm going to take a guess. Perhaps it would fit under the bolt or nut for the side stand or a block off plate for an optional bolt hole (something like the optional ride height hole on the shock of my DR650) Looks like it has had a bolt against it so maybe it was used hold something in place before it was assembled. OK I have absoluely no idea..lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... It looks like the seat strap is anchored on either end utilizing a bolt and washer - through the fabric without any other metal.

You can see in the first picture that there is some marking of the paint around the "bolt hole", suggesting it was once mounted and then removed.
I wonder if it has anything at all to do with the license plate; a guy at the shop mounted the plate while I was signing paperwork.

Super Moderator
Ken, you should ask the dealer......WHY wasn't this installed on your bike?
There's always a few bits left over when you do this sort of thing ..........

Registered
That part should have been in place from the factory. It is just a holder that keep the kick stand switch wires tight to the frame. The better question is why it was not where it should have been?

GaryL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts