TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the tw going, the further I get into it the more I realize that some people should not be their own mechanics. I am not a mechanic but I can rebuild a carb and follow instructions in the manual, and get such wonderful information from the tw forum thanks everybody for all your tech tips and tutorials. No oil, a rigged up boot from air intake to carb that had a big hole so no air was going through the filter, missing gaskets. O well by the time I am done with this ill be able to put another bike together. I think an engine overhaul or a new engine is in order along with a new cab later on as it will be ok for now. All the electrical works its got that going for it. Next will be chain, forks and spring upgrades.

Ill get to the point I have a 70 lb pitbull who wants to go on a ride with me. We tried putting getting him on the font of the seat but his feet dangle and I dont want his feet to get burned. Then we tried to get him to sit on the back but he cant sit on the narrow seat. So I guess ill have to get a large rack and build something that will attach to the rack. Has anybody done this before? What problems do you think Ill be running into? We will be doing FS and dirt roads no highway or very steep stuff. Its going to be registered as OHV until I get all the other stuff done then Ill start on replacing mirrors and lights. This is my first bike and am not sure how it will maneuver with the weight on the back if that will be a big deal or not.

1995 TW

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
My dog has ridden with me a lot over the years. She is a 45 lb cattle dog and might have better balance than a 70 Pit, but I hardly notice her on back. 70 lbs would be more noticeable, but both of you would have to get use to it.

I have the Cyclerack and put a piece of foam covered by carpet and all secured with a small cargo bungee. The carpet helps her with grip.

This is probably the best photo showing her and the pad.

Here I made an extension to the rear of the Cyclerack. It did make more room, but with more weight rearward, it made the front end a little lighter than I liked. You'll have to experiment and
see what works. You may have to make a platform a little larger than mine with a dog your size.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make it a good experience onboard . Get her used to being up there and reward with treats . After she is use to being up there , then start moving the bike a little at a time..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys when I get to that project ill post some pics, I still have tons to do. Everybody has such nice bikes on here. Mine will be good when its done but I hate the blue frame and dont think it would ever go back together if I took it all down and sent it to the powder coater. It is temping though the old man sells paint equipment and spray booths so dipping and powder coating is cheap or free. That will be the last thing I do though even after the engine over haul and new carb.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Man, you all are making me miss my dogs. I want to have a dog again! Be careful and don't go too fast with them on there. They aren't wearing helmets, so personally I'd keep it to lower second gear speeds, tops. That's pretty bad ass that your dogs ride with you though lol!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Be careful and don't go too fast with them on there. They aren't wearing helmets, so personally I'd keep it to lower second gear speeds, tops. That's pretty bad ass that your dogs ride with you though lol!
def and stick to trails unless you have a good box built for your dog back there and he/she is tied in like GaryL has done...if you've ever fallen off a bicycle on asphalt you know it sucks a lot more than falling on dirt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts