TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

DogSkin, Sand Hills and Granite Peak Single Tracking

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
Adam-in-Nevada and I returned Sunday to sample more of a fairly large ridding area beginning about where we had quit last time outside of the Moon Rocks Area. We've yet to define the boundaries. The variety of terrain there, all hosted in a deeply weathered granite region, made for endless easy fun trail riding. Firm sand rather than rocks was the norm.
Everything ridden was chosen on impulse. Making countless instant decisions makes this style of riding very appealing to me. With the big sky openness getting lost was not a worry even when we lost the trail. Black Yellow Font Line Graphics

About 30 single track miles and perhaps 20 graded dirt two tracks.

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
Dwight, I should apologize for not inviting you to join us. It was a last minute impulse to duck our wive's Honey Do Lists and hit the trails instead. We stuck almost entirely to new to us & more freshly created new singletrack avoiding the burned-in areas, one of which dumped us out into that nice tight twisty sandwash we all rode last time.

#5 ·
Awesome place to ride. Looks like a lot of fun. Except for Dwight who had to stay home and wash the dishes or something like that hahaha.

#6 ·
Maybe the Dogskins could be one day of a 2020 TW IDSE (Impromptu Six Day Enduro) if we have one again. Gets hot and dry in summer though, and once soil moisture is gone dust and traction suffer. Spring would be better but the logical next 5-day destinations are likely too snowy...places like here.

#7 ·
not snowcat cold, but what was the temp fred?

man i need to make it up your way sometime.

#8 ·
Joe, you would have liked that ride; mild temps in the mid-40's . Warm enough when singletrackin' but you'ld want to zip up coat for the top gear dash back to staging area on your 223cc ttr/tw 6-speed.
Come on up and we'll go chase some jackrabbits together.
Winter is winding down. Two weeks previously camping out there saw low 20's at dawn but upper 60's by mid afternoon. Days are getting longer too.
I have jury duty this coming week in my county seat a few thousand feet lower than home, a lengthy a 2 hour scenic mountain drive away that takes me through 2 states and 3 counties. Maybe I'll see if I can disqualify myself in time to scout out possible melted out riding areas.

Reactions: joeband
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.