TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Santa Cruz to Aptos is the worst part. After that it opens up.

Look for the BIG motorcycle around Moss Landing near the Surplus store.

And Hwy 17 is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
19,438 Posts
If you want to get the tires dirty there is Burro Road just north of Gorda. Briefly worked a gold placer property up there off Alder Creek but found time to ride my motorcycle a lot. Quality nephrite jade occurrences too. Nice commanding views of coast from mild dirt road...look for jade boulders at Jade Cove beach in the creek bottom where it dump onto beach.. And there is always the Naciemento-Furgeson road too. It will climb above the fog and Winnebagoes for as many tight twisty turns as you can stomach. Might make a good place to flat track the KLR. Here you can see the Naciemento climbing away from coast...very tight and steep. . 2659186.jpg

P.S. - Am jealous of Eric's upcoming ride...don't even need to see any pictures to know it shall be a grand ride.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Whoa Daddy epic timing for a run. Yesterday saw offshore breezes and perfect temps. A tab blustery but no fog. Highly advise taking up on Mel's offer.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
OK well here are some pics. Was a great trip the DR650 did excellent in all situations (purred at 75 mph and handled the twisties great). Looking forward to a longer adventure. +1 on the Seat Concepts seat and the lowered wider pegs. I forgot the go pro mount to pictures it is.

OK on to the ride. You can find all the pictures here https://goo.gl/photos/bqkw7iQ1MCQqXm1w6

They include Carmel, Bixby Bridge, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, some coastal shots, hearst castle "cattle", and Cambria at Sunset

Here is a little tease....Welcome to Carmel
View attachment 54673

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Very nice!! Thank you for sharing!! :D
OK well here are some pics. Was a great trip the DR650 did excellent in all situations (purred at 75 mph and handled the twisties great). Looking forward to a longer adventure. +1 on the Seat Concepts seat and the lowered wider pegs. I forgot the go pro mount to pictures it is.

OK on to the ride. You can find all the pictures here https://goo.gl/photos/bqkw7iQ1MCQqXm1w6

They include Carmel, Bixby Bridge, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, some coastal shots, hearst castle "cattle", and Cambria at Sunset

Here is a little tease....Welcome to Carmel
View attachment 54673

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I was just wondering if you were back yet. Nice pictures! It always amazes me how rugged the coast line gets and I especially like the pictures of the bridge.

How many miles did you go? I am glad to hear the Suzuki is treating you as well as it treated me. It was always rock solid reliable.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just wondering if you were back yet. Nice pictures! It always amazes me how rugged the coast line gets and I especially like the pictures of the bridge.

How many miles did you go? I am glad to hear the Suzuki is treating you as well as it treated me. It was always rock solid reliable.

Yeah I know traffic sucks, housing is expensive but damn we have some amazing places. About 180 miles each way. Bike did great and got amazing gas mileage. I ended up witha few mods (Seat concepts, some pannier racks, new grips, wider pegs) overall I was prepared for a sore back and rear end. All told I think I could crank out 250 miles a day. Time to plan the next ride - Thinking about heading north. I was gonna ask any clue if you (or the previous owner did the NSU fix? I am trying to avoid pulling the side cover off to see)

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I don't know what the NSU fix is however, I believe it was factory stock when I got it and I didn't change a thing except add the hand guards -- that I can remember.

I was planning on doing some carb work -- some kind of jet kit -- and adding a slip on muffler that looks like you did but I never got around to doing either. It ran fine for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know what the NSU fix is however, I believe it was factory stock when I got it and I didn't change a thing except add the hand guards -- that I can remember.

I was planning on doing some carb work -- some kind of jet kit -- and adding a slip on muffler that looks like you did but I never got around to doing either. It ran fine for me.
Yeah I am holding on the jet kit. I did do the GSXR muffler mod

1 - 18 of 18 Posts