Appreciate any info you might have.

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Trailscout! You are right, that's who makes the car. I have been looking at this for about a year now and have contacted them before. They run about 3 thousand bucks and 800 bucks for the install. I'd like to find out if it belonged to a member here.

If any other members here have had a sidecar on their TW, please share your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Eldomike!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does this bike and sidecar look as sweet as I think it does, or is it just me? :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
For the sidecar inclined, Ural appears to have seriously upped it's game for 2014.

I can't see myself shelling out $16K for a new one, but from what I've seen Urals don't hold their value nearly as well as our T-dubs do, so maybe in a few years...

·
Registered
84 Posts
wonder if you can purchase just the sidecar and retrofit it to a tw200...hmmm...there is a ural dealer close to here...I may stop by and ask.

Lance

·
Registered
814 Posts
Urals are way cool with the 2WD model. I need to know if the Ural's side car is long enough inside for a 5'8" person to stealth camp in. Just pull into any brand motorcycle dealerships parking lot after supper and a restroom break at the local park. Slip into the sidecar and button it up. Wake up at 4 or 5 to go look for breakfast. Slow ride to Alaska?

·
Registered
814 Posts
That looks good in red on a Rukus and blends right into the scooters lines. Link to their site: Keltic Sidecars "Manufacturing sidecars for scooters from 50 cc up to 600cc . I question the strength of a single pipe for offroad use. With three seats I could get whats left at home of the family to church with it though. My wife wants to ride a small bike or scooter but has no balance nerves. That looks like an option. Thanks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sorry, I said scooter without a pic. 011_800x600.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is pretty cute, but I believe it's too small for a TW.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
MrBracket may have the right answer. I recall one side car guy who retired to Hawaii, eventually ended up with a broken ankle which curtailed his riding. I'm too cramped to search for his name, but he did communicate a great deal on the old forum. FYI and cheers. tom

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Tom!

Yeah, that was Phelonius. Guy about 70 and had several sidecars over the years. I think I remember he said once that he hadn't even owned a car in decades, only motorcycles.

MrBracket may have the right answer. I recall one side car guy who retired to Hawaii, eventually ended up with a broken ankle which curtailed his riding. I'm too cramped to search for his name, but he did communicate a great deal on the old forum. FYI and cheers. tom

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Is pretty scarey the trivia about our virtual communities that we store in our memories and recall at random moments. Its a bit of a game to try to picture how much information you can tell about someone based on their chat, background, and bike savy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about NSA privacy issues, just getting to know folks and finding things we have in common (or not). Diversity reigns. Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I got the story on the sidecar. I was able to track down the owner and had emailed him. He returned my email today and said that the TW wasn't up to the challenge. He had to gear it way down and it would only do 42 mph wound out or 35 mph crusing speed. It ended up breaking the TW frame. He said that DMC did excellent work but the light frame of the TW just couldn't do it.

Thanks Mr Bracket for the info needed to find and contact him. It most likely saved me 4 thousand bucks. I owe you one for sure! If I ever get down there or you get up here, a fine dinner awaits you.

Back to the drawing board..

Reactions: redlegsrides
1 - 20 of 20 Posts