TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi TW people. I just picked up a TW this winter and hopefully my plan would be to haul it down from a little south of Pittsburgh,Pa in my work van and hit the dirt roads in that area. I know that I can't ride on the trails in Dolly sods wilderness but the dirt roads should keep me busy for a while. I love that area of West Virginia and have hiked down there a lot. Has anyone else ridden that area?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Haven't been there but someone should come along who has.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I've been there by car and would love ride the country roads on my bike. My son and I may be attending this Big Mountain Ride but the best ride in WV is the Green Ridge Dual Sport ride. Saabbug and I have done this twice and let me tell you it's an amazing weekend. I'll get a link up when I find out the date of the event.

[video]http://www.bmrwv.com/[/video]

Green Ridge 2015

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/15100-green-ridge-state-forest-maryland.html[/video]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both of those events sound pretty cool. It seems like the big mountain ride is geared primarily for Harley's and street bikes judging from the pictures. I wonder if other TW riders will be there. It looks like it could be a great time. I think I might have to go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have stayed at Seneca Shadows campground in Seneca Rock and I can tell you that it is really a nice campground. It's a state campground and the campground hosts do a really good job of keeping it clean and everything in order. Not exactly the kind of place for a biker bash but a good base of operations for rides in the countryside. It's close to spruce knob which is the highest point in West Virginia. It's a nice ride to the top with great views and dirt roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts