TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm paying off my house this week!! It will have been 20 years!! I had a little over a year left, but I sold my old travel trailer and it's enough cash to eliminate the first mortgage in one shot. Boom. This Wednesday. Can't wait!!

First to do, is the new toy hauler I'll be ordering... Second, many many many more trips. It didn't work for me this spring, I was sooooo close, but no dice for MOAB 2017. But I'll get there sooner rather than later. I think I'll try the Hatfield-McCoy trail system this summer.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just took care of mine too a couple months ago. What a relief to have that off my shoulders. I know how you feel. Sure frees me up to go have a bit more fun with the TW group.
You are so right about that "off my shoulders". It did free up a lot of equity, and I have a few plans that won't sabotage my retirement. So I'm going to travel a lot in the near and far future. Something I could not do when I was working week to week to pay the bills. I hope to cure my fixation on steak and cheese grinders and fast food so I live long enough to enjoy it all!!!

EDIT: COMPLETE, the deal is done. No more month payment. Now the only smaller bill will be to save a bit each week to cover the property tax bill twice a year. It used to be combined with my monthly payment into escrow, now I have to keep close track of it. But a win is a win. Time to finish making up my mind on the options I want on my new toy hauler, and order it. Likely to be picking it up next month or early May.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts