TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newest TW came topless (no mirrors). I bought a pair of these Emgo rectangular mirrors that some people like. However, they are a too buzzy for me. (But they look really good on OsakaCustomStyle’s bike – look at look at his new pictures!.)

Does anyone have a set of OEM mirrors (in good condition) that they want to sell off? Or, I will give you my brand new Emgo rectangular mirrors plus whatever if you want to trade.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've had the OEM mirrors and now have the Emgo Rectangle mirrors. The Stock mirrors are not only just as buzzy, they are small and all you can see is Elbows so whats the point. Get round if you like round but they will not be any better.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Hey Joe, Doubletake mirrors are awesome if your gonna spend that kinda dough. They have adapters that fit into the original mirror mount threads.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My newest TW came topless (no mirrors). I bought a pair of these Emgo rectangular mirrors that some people like. However, they are a too buzzy for me. (But they look really good on OsakaCustomStyle’s bike – look at look at his new pictures!.)

Does anyone have a set of OEM mirrors (in good condition) that they want to sell off? Or, I will give you my brand new Emgo rectangular mirrors plus whatever if you want to trade.

Thanks,
responded to your PM. Mine are new.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if the oem mirrors are any less "buzzy".

Hi PSC,

I have a set of OEM mirrors on my wife’s TW. I swapped them with the rectangular Emgo mirrors. The Emgo mirrors were fuzzier at some speeds when the OEM mirrors were still clear. It may be due to a structural difference or because the Emgo mirrors are "True View" rather than the objects-may-be-different-size-than-they-appear of the OEM mirrors - or a combination of both. I am not sure.

I could live with the fuzziness if I had to but the OEMs seem clearer to me – at least on my bike.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I have not tried them but if you want TW style round mirrors on longer arms it looks like the Yamaha TX 500 mirrors will work.

Search Yamaha TX 500 mirrors on ebay.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The round ones right? Ill trade ya. I want a set of rectangle ones for my bike. Email me @ [email protected] if ur interested.

Hi Flyhunter,

Thank you for the offer. However, Flingwing PM'ed me with an offer just minutes before you so I am going to buy his.

Thank you to all that replied.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Flingwing,

They arrived yesterday. They look good and were well packed. Thanks for the prompt shipment! It was like a late Christmas present.

Thank you,

Old White Truck

Yeah! Now you can ride the pavement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts