1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Poor guy, and he looked so happy just before with all his new shiny gear. Secret is don't let your friends video you, and if they do try to burn the evidence before it goes viral.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That video is the reason Yamaha installed ABS on the TW! (Anti-Burnout System) Mine works great, except on an icy driveway. Might be a bad wheel sensor.
I'll have to remember that one!!! That was funny bro!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
There was a man at the stop sign by my house on a 1000cc crotch rocket who couldn't pull out. I literally stopped there and explained to him how to use the clutch for about 20 minutes. Then I wen on to explain how a 1000cc bike is not for beginners. He is supposed to come by this weekend for some training on the supermoto.

I'll tell ya what guys.. as far as a first bike goes I think the WR250R/X is the bike to have if you are tall enough to ride it. TW is a close second. Honestly though, the clutch on my 1987 T-dub is very easy, and it gives you a great feel, where the WR is an easy pull, you just don't get that connection. IMO.

Another note: I would also like to note that I have had the front wheel of the t dub wash out on me quite a few times.. I do a lot of trail and gravel on my supermoto w/ Michelin PR4 street tires. I haven't had the front end wash out one time! Probably because I am much more careful with it than I am with the TW.

I don't know if you guys have seen the front disc on a WR X, but It is very powerful. I rarely have to use more than one finger. Point being, on the street braking distance means a lot. Just another plus for a first timer.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I bought a wrecked Elecraglide once that had 4 miles on it and was told the guy crashed it riding home from the dealership always felt bad for the guy and found out later he was killed in the crash so it really sucked

·
Registered
170 Posts
That begs the question: What tire are you using on the front of the TW200 ? If it is the OEM Bridgestone....THAT is why "some" people refer to it as the Death Wing.

Try a Shinko 241 Trials tire up front, and you will NOT wash out the front tire.

Oh yes, deathwing indeed. And its oh... ten or so years old. I dropped some psi and it does better. I enjoy it though, it really keeps me on my toes haha..

BTW I am not riding on the street with a ten year old tire. Bike is currently not titled, I have so much to ride here at home, It probably wont get titled or new tires until I sell it. hint hint ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts