TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will most likely be buying a DR350 in the next week or so. I'm going to try and keep the TW for now, if I can.

I had been looking for DR650 until I rode a 350. Why did Suzuki stop making this? My thinking was, 1200 Sporster, DR650 and TW would make a rounded stable but I don't do, bike camping, cross country rides, hell, I don't even have anybody to tag-a-long. The 350 will at least let me burn away 60mi. in 50 minutes instead of 70+ min., ducking LOG & GRAVEL trucks.

Next question, if I sell my TW, can I still hang out here?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I will most likely be buying a DR350 in the next week or so. I'm going to try and keep the TW for now, if I can.

I had been looking for DR650 until I rode a 350. Why did Suzuki stop making this? My thinking was, 1200 Sporster, DR650 and TW would make a rounded stable but I don't do, bike camping, cross country rides, hell, I don't even have anybody to tag-a-long. The 350 will at least let me burn away 60mi. in 50 minutes instead of 70+ min., ducking LOG & GRAVEL trucks.

Of course you can! You will however be required to replace the "o" in your current screen name with an "i". ;)

Tom

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Sure you can hang out with us true believers. Just know you have to be humble lol. Have to admit, after having some adv riders stopping in from time to time I am considering a packmule with some highway oomph. Still, there is no way I will let my TW's go. They will always have a place here. Love those little underpowered steeds. Mostly it is the folks that I get to ride with.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course you can! You will however be required to replace the "o" in your current screen name with an "i". ;)

Tom
The "I" has been in there for long, long time. Trust me!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure you can hang out with us true believers. Just know you have to be humble lol. Have to admit, after having some adv riders stopping in from time to time I am considering a packmule with some highway oomph. Still, there is no way I will let my TW's go. They will always have a place here. Love those little underpowered steeds. Mostly it is the folks that I get to ride with.
I don't want to sell, hell, I don't like selling anything. I'll just have too se how things are going.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been on the lookout for a clean DR350SE (got to have that electric start ;)).

I guess that Suzuki figured that the DRZ400 series was a suitable replacement.
'98' Same owner since 2012 and 520mi. Now has 7,800 and all records, stock motor and a few farkles,. I can pass all day long on the Z, too much stuff with that one.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
The 350 is a sweet bike and for me when I was looking at street legal dirt or dual-sport, one of the heavy contenders. Wasn't going any heavier or larger displacement than that (already done the KLR/DR650 thing... too heavy). Problem was the really nice 350's were going for almost vintage type of money. The others were too beat up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are pretty solid bikes , I just picked one up for a build , I'm turning it into a big wheel bike similar to a BW 200/350 .
I paid 1500 for a 1997 with 2400 miles , pretty clean bike , I had to travel for that deal but they seem to hold there value .
Good luck with your new machine .

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just looked at a pristine 98 DR350 with 3500 miles (98 and 99 have the better suspension). Ran great, looked great, but he wanted $2600. That gets me in to a 2002 or newer DR400. Problem is, the 350 is lighter, probably just a bit slower. I just couldn't stomach the huge price premium. BTW parts will start to be hard to come by eventually.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Have you pulled the trigger on the DR350 yet, Rivershot????? I guess it is still Rivershot and not [email protected]??? I would love to have a DR350. There is a DR650 locally for about three grand. Tempting, but I don't think I need that much displacement.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You get so much more bike with the DRZ400 it's no comparison . The specs worked from my build but would not pay more than 2k for a really nic one , I have seen low mileage DRZ400 going for 2700 ... Bike prices are down in the greater northeast , just looking at DRZ400SM with 8k on it guy wants 4500 .

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Why did Suzuki stop making this?
Because Suzuki lost its mind for a minute there. As someone else mentioned, the DRZ was designed as a replacement. While that bike might be slightly better as a desert bike or whatever, the old DR arguably makes a better real-world dual sport. I do like the DRZ a lot, too, but I'm not sure it ought to have replaced the 350.

That being said, anyone considering a post-93 DR350 should be aware of the infamous exploding bottom-ends. Sure it's super rare, but that is THE reason I bought a KLX instead (because I couldn't deal with the thought that I might be riding a time bomb). Ironically the KLX turned out to be a nightmare/BIG headache...wasted tons of money on that one and ended up getting rid of it. The big irony is that, statistically speaking, it's likely that I'd still be riding a DR350 in perfect shape, had I bought one of those instead. I still just couldn't do it, though...knowing about that one little nagging issue.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
ARRRRRGH! What did you do? I want one too.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Okay, so I'm thinking Rivershot is out riding his new to him DR350. lol We will hear from him sometime in the future, I hope.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts