TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
The 80's type of music made that video awesome.

Pretty sure this is the soundtrack from Turbo Kid.
If you haven't seen it watch it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've had my road bikes in some pretty stupid places miles off road. However it's the first time I've seen that much air under a wing. LMAO.

·
Registered
626 Posts
hahahaha! Finally put those "gold wings" in action. Those babies were meant to fly!
Love it when all the shit in the cargo box flies out on the jump.
Though appropriate, it was excruciating to listen to that whole song.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's a shame handling a GW like this.
But I am suprised the shaft drive endured this stress.
Most andventure BMW's shaft wouldn't:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Plot twist: This is how they spend their disability checks. ;)
I did kinda dig the trail they were riding though!

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
194 Posts
Honda should use that video as a testament to their reliability/durability. In no way, shape or form, was it meant to do that. Really did a whole lot better off-road than I expected.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
They had to play the music to drown out the leaking exhaust. It looked like they were hitting on every jump.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
20% the bike 80% the rider right there.
Yes... the riders are 80% retarded!
I don't get it...why beat a couple of venerable old Wings like that?

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well,
We’ve had 5 Wings and still have our ‘08 Level II Wing. Without a doubt, one of the finest touring bikes made. We’ve been on several trips with our present one that we’re well over a couple thousand miles each. Now, just what that video is supposed to prove, who the heck knows? Those early models hovered around 750-800 lbs. you don’t ride an 800 lb. bike like those, the way they did and have alcohol on board. Kevin Costner said in “Field of Dreams”, “If you build it, they will come”. Well, if you FILM it, they will watch! No matter how dumb it is.
Scott

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sort of like the doof's that jump perfectly good dirt bikes off of cliffs. It must be nice to have enough money to destroy them for a few seconds of fame.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Entertaining for sure, but I couldn't beat on an old bike like that, Comstars or not. ;) Main reason is I'd likely end up in traction! Bottom line is that it's their junk and they can do as they please with it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes... the riders are 80% retarded!
I don't get it...why beat a couple of venerable old Wings like that?
Because the bikes are essentially worthless. You can't give the things away. They're hardly rare or collectible. Not a lot of buyers for a turd brown plastic-fantastic 35 year old Japanese touring bike.

I somehow doubt those bikes started out as pristine condition examples either. It's not too hard to find some old beater goldwing on craigslist for less than $1000. I've even seen them for free "you haul away" with a picture of it sitting in a field for 10 years. Might as well at least have some fun with them rather than have them slowly rot in a field and eventually just go to the scrapper anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts