TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
704381_4708055191415_1640350820_o.jpg 1579824_10201998371952955_1176161594_n.jpg I love this bike and the TW is on its tail pipe.;)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
That is one gorgeous bike. Kind of like a TW on steroids. Pretty sure I want one of those.

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is like a Xt250 and a TW air cooled but has an oil cooler.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have low miles on both bikes, I have as much fun upgrading the bikes as I do riding but I will retire in 25 months and will be camping on the TW and longer slab rides on the DR.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I was down in Phoenix at the end of February visiting family. I went hiking on south mountain while there and saw dual sport bikes everywhere. It looked so enjoyable it was all I could think about so....... A bit over a month later I bought a new 2013 TW. No regrets because I hadn't been on a motorcycle in over 20 years. 600 miles later I also want a bigger bike for longer trips. I think this is going to get expensive:rolleyes:

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Another beautiful example. Like it? I am short so how is the seat height? Smooth power or snappy "still learning all over again"?

Tom

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
sorta like mine
Me too!

Just returned from a 3 day group ride in southern VA on this DR.

Dryden, there is a factory built-in lowering option, in addition you can add a lowering link.

The stock suspension also has quite a bit of sag. With my 30" inseam I can touch the ground on both sides.

jb

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had a DR650 prior to my TW200. I loved the power, but being short legged, and not being on a bike in 30 some years, I found it to tall and top heavy for my limited experience. After riding the TW for a couple of years I wonder how a DR with smaller fat tires would be. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
After riding the TW for a couple of years I wonder how a DR with smaller fat tires would be. Has anyone tried this?
sounds like heresy.... don't let Fugly hear you talk like that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A lot of us apparently think alike. From right to left, my DR650 dual sport, my TW200 for gnarly trails, and the red one is my Ducati 1100S for paved, winding roads.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
This is my big thumper, 1995 Kawasaki KLR650 in Malibu Barbie paint scheme. Bought this new in '96, now has 25,500 miles. Comes with a 6.1 gallon tank, 250 + miles before reserve. Not as good off road compared to the XR or DR but a little better on pavement.

klr.JPG

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Me too!

Just returned from a 3 day group ride in southern VA on this DR.

Dryden, there is a factory built-in lowering option, in addition you can add a lowering link.

The stock suspension also has quite a bit of sag. With my 30" inseam I can touch the ground on both sides.

jb
Thank you for the info. I am just shy of a 30" inseam and quickly gaining confidence in my riding. I figure that means "down goes the champ" any night now!;)

Tom

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thank you for the info. I am just shy of a 30" inseam and quickly gaining confidence in my riding. I figure that means "down goes the champ" any night now!;)

Tom
Once you get more experience, you will learn to come to a stop and lean to one side (usually the left, so you can still shift) and have one foot flat on the ground.

Jb

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the Sargent low seat and bike on the lower setting but my Heavy springs did away with the sag so I also lean to the left at stops and one foot it.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
20140423_180129.jpg My DR behind my TW.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can easily lower the seat and kickstand. I have ridden one that was not lowered and it was a handful for me at 5'4". That being said, I would love to have one in order to keep up with my riding buddies who ride Honda and Kawasaki 650's. DR650's have been around almost as long as the TW and are probably more reliable. (gasp) They are really too heavy for me to ride in any real offroad scenerio and would be used for hard packed dirt and fire trails. For anything else, I would stick to a TeeDub. (or a DR200, XT250 or something else small and LIGHT)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the Sargent low seat and bike on the lower setting but my Heavy springs did away with the sag so I also lean to the left at stops and one foot it.
What did the low seat bring the seat height down to before you put on the heavy springs? I've been wanting a dr for a while now, but they seem precarious with my 29" inseam.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts