TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really but I started to ride with my feet on the rear pegs when it was really sloppy and rainy. I was getting a lot of water on shins even after installing a mudflap.

Funny though I found it comfy and it feels like a sporty bike this way. I find myself keeping in the throttle and laying the bike over into turns. I am going to get a ticket I am sure

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats awesome! I started using the rear pegs too so it would cut down on the wind drag more at highway speeds. :) I wish there were replacement handle bars that were closer together to make it more comfortable when using the read pegs.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
You guy's need to come up with some rearsets. That and a set of clubmans with some barend mirrors to get that cafe look.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guy's need to come up with some rearsets. That and a set of clubmans with some barend mirrors to get that cafe look.

Now your talkin!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had a long ride to work previously, and I used to do this on long straight (windy) sections in farm country, tucking down behind my windshield. But what always concerned me was the reduced reaction time of getting to the rear brake; I even went as far as considering how to modify the rear brake linkage to add a rear brake pedal to the passenger pegs

Of course, in my garage, if an idea hasn't passed through the conceptual stages in a year, wait another..

Btw, you can pretty readily reduce your wind profile and gain 2-5mpg doing this dumb trick, if you do it right. But your neck hurts later, and I can't recommend it for safety reasons.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is good to move your feet / legs on long rides. I have done several 1,000+ mile days (Honda ST1300 with hwy pegs, bar backs, and custom seat) and keeping my legs happy made it easy. I forward engine guard with hwy pegs would be nice.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Any little bit of wind you can get to go by you freely with just 200cc's is going to make a difference. I have to laugh thinking of lying down on a tw like a crotch rocket racer makes me ROFL. Of course I am 65 and have outgrown the need for speed to be the first one to the site of an accident. I just like sitting up and enjoy the time and scenery as I go by at a gentle pace. Take it easy, everything will last longer, yourself and your bike.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any little bit of wind you can get to go by you freely with just 200cc's is going to make a difference. I have to laugh thinking of lying down on a tw like a crotch rocket racer makes me ROFL. Of course I am 65 and have outgrown the need for speed to be the first one to the site of an accident. I just like sitting up and enjoy the time and scenery as I go by at a gentle pace. Take it easy, everything will last longer, yourself and your bike.

Novel idea

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
It is good to move your feet / legs on long rides. I have done several 1,000+ mile days (Honda ST1300 with hwy pegs, bar backs, and custom seat) and keeping my legs happy made it easy. I forward engine guard with hwy pegs would be nice.

When I had a Honda xr650L I bought an after-market skidplate (at the moment,I can't remember the company)and a highway bar that was an extra.I still have this plate and bar.I'm trying to figure out how to mount the plate......the highway bar mounts directly to the plate. Ahhhhh yes,it was a Richochet plate,the company was out of Utah....don't remember the company"s name...DoH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts