TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didn't really find anything with my issue. I first swapped out all the oem signals for some amazon led signals. To get them to work I had to install a Tusk led electric relay and pull the indicator bulb. After breaking a couple and just burning out I decided to get some front and rear DRC 602 signals.I first installed the rears and thats when I noticed something funny. As soon as I hooked them up it flipped the turn signal switch left became right and right left. So I swapped the wires left and right wiring on front and rear to get it to match up with the switch. I then broke the front amazons and installed the front DRC. Now this is where I have a issue. With everything hooked up only the rears come on when using the switch. I put a volt meter on the fronts and for example if I use the left turn switch the left signal only gets 4.5V and the rear is fully illuminated. The rears don't flash it just solid illumiantes what ever side I slide signal switch. Indicator bulb in or out makes no difference but If I have the relay in and tap into the constant 12v for the DRL which these lights don't have I get the fronts to be solid illuminated and then the indicator bulb works and the rears still only light up on the side I slide switch to. No flashing. I'm confused haha, any info would be great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's a ground loop. I don't know what a ground loop is, but I know that the kind of folks who know about this stuff, will always claim it is a ground loop.

Sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
The daytime running lights, or clearance lights, get their power from the constant hot terminal in the 1157 socket base so happily power up LED or incandescent filaments as long as ingnition key is turned. Nothing to worry about there, normal.

However the incorrect turn signal indicator operation might be due to a new but dodgy Tusk relay causing a floating ground or other gremlin. For diagnostic purposes try the old oem flasher relay. Don't worry about a high flash rate, you are simply looking for all 4 turn signals to now flash on command. If so get another digital flasher or install some simple ballast resistors to correct the flash rate.

Other item would be ensuring correct polarity and flashing DC voltage is at the connections for all four corners although imagine this was done early on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So i have Postives of front turns going to the Green and Brown wires with the negatives going to the black double connect. Since the blue is a constant 12v. So now If I signal left both left signals turn on solid and same if I signal right. With signal turned off there is no drl on front since i'm not using the 12v constant. So with the relay installed still no flashing so I would assume my tusk relay shit the bed. I unplugged the tusk relay and signals don't work at all and when I plug it back in I get left and right solid with no flash depending on what side I switch to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts