TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, EXCLUDING your beloved TW200 what's your dream bike (currently)? If your anything like me it's something that changes with the weather.

Mine has generally been a moving target, but when I was out looking at Africa Twins recently I came across this:

https://adventuremotorcycle.com/bikes/ktm-1290-super-adventure-s-bike-test-review

Last years SA was awesome and I was liking the R model. But... the SA-S now has my eye!

I've been eyeing up Adventure bikes for a long time. Last year I went to a Husqvarna 701, definitely an awesome bike but not quite the long range adventure bike i'm looking for (it is a rocket ship though). I may sell it and get the new 2018 KTM (or keep it), I can never seem to sell a bike and i'm running out of room.

(I need something that I can look as good as Admiral on, especially doing jumps)..
KTM1290SuperADV-Review-05.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
One that doesn't fall over with me on it. :)

I don't really have a dream bike, meaning something different than my DR.
Would like to farkle my DR out a tad more, not much. It's really fine like i have it now.
Oh, need better side racks for it. about it.

The others :
BMW too big for me.
KTM/KTM too much plastic to break.
One of those i looked at this past Sat. Radiator was sticking out on the right, up high and just waiting to get knocked off of there.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Still miss my little Honda VT250F – 28 BHP (which was lamentable even for its time) – but you could do acrobatics on that bike, (red line was 13k, not that it made a blind bit of difference). 16 inch vented disc front, 18 inch drum rear, planetary gear box, twin cradle frame, box section swinging arm, water cooled via the frame, hydraulic clutch – stick a pair of Pirelli Phantoms on it, and hang on to your teeth round the bends

For 1982 it was ground breaking tech – usual three year life span, 30k and it was feeling a bit “tired” – still miss it to this day, it had “character”, especially in central London

Often wondered about switching the engine onto the TW, but no low down grunt makes it impractical

Nope – despite all its faults, I’ll stick with the TW – does what it says on the tin – if you need a bit more “umph” and a relaxed ride, there’s always the (stock) TW225 – but when you feel the need for a “bit of rough”, the 200 will get you where you need to be ……

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is sweet..! It looks like a whole lot of fun!
Honda VT250F 83.jpg

Still miss my little Honda VT250F — 28 BHP (which was lamentable even for its time) — but you could do acrobatics on that bike, (red line was 13k, not that it made a blind bit of difference). 16 inch vented disc front, 18 inch drum rear, planetary gear box, twin cradle frame, box section swinging arm, water cooled via the frame, hydraulic clutch — stick a pair of Pirelli Phantoms on it, and hang on to your teeth round the bends

For 1982 it was ground breaking tech — usual three year life span, 30k and it was feeling a bit “tired” — still miss it to this day, it had “character”, especially in central London

Often wondered about switching the engine onto the TW, but no low down grunt makes it impractical

Nope — despite all its faults, I’ll stick with the TW — does what it says on the tin — if you need a bit more “umph” and a relaxed ride, there’s always the (stock) TW225 — but when you feel the need for a “bit of rough”, the 200 will get you where you need to be ……

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would like some more GS's! I've had a 650 Dakar, an 1100, 1150 and my current 1200GS. For 2019 please send me a new G310GS, F750GS, F850GSA and a R1250GS! If someone wants to throw in that C Evolution Electric Scooter, I would be very happy to park it next to my TW.... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like some more GS's! I've had a 650 Dakar, an 1100, 1150 and my current 1200GS. For 2019 please send me a new G310GS, F750GS, F850GSA and a R1250GS! If someone wants to throw in that C Evolution Electric Scooter, I would be very happy to park it next to my TW.... :cool:
Now that's the attitude! More is "better" just look at sportsterdocs list!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
A few years ago, I had a chance to ride Harley’s experimental electric bike (Livewire) on their dyno and on the street. Totally impractical and will probably never see make it to production, but that was one of the most fun rides I’ve ever had. Pure torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Here is the short list:

Another CBX
Yamaha BW350
Yamaha GTS1000
Sachs W2000 Rotary
One of every year BMW GS. OK, maybe two of every year.
A couple of BMW R series touring bikes.
A pair of Plunger frame BMWs. One with sidecar.
Another ZRX, maybe one in blue. To go with the set of Beetle Bags I got as a gift.
Honda Motra
Honda Motocompo
Another Honda CX650, maybe a turbo.
An HD Servicar in full police livery.
An 85 Honda Gyro (black and gold)
A Nimbus
A Henderson
A German WW2 Kettenkrad (small tracked vehicle with a bike front end on it)

Probably a bunch I don't remember, so I will reserve the right to adjust (add to) the list as necessary.

EDIT:
A couple of Honda Transalps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ural with 2WD. Could up my moto snow camping game a bit. TW does very well depending on the snow, got it out in the mountains loaded with too much crap a few times this winter. But a few more comforts could be hauled in that sidecar, at least haul a bundle of dry wood to get things started easier.

The TW and a Ural have been the only two that I've always wanted since before getting my first bike, which was neither of them for some odd reason.... But I'm halfway to fixing that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here is the short list:

Another CBX
Yamaha BW350
Yamaha GTS1000
Sachs W2000 Rotary
One of every year BMW GS. OK, maybe two of every year.
A couple of BMW R series touring bikes.
A pair of Plunger frame BMWs. One with sidecar.
Another ZRX, maybe one in blue. To go with the set of Beetle Bags I got as a gift.
Honda Motra
Honda Motocompo
Another Honda CX650, maybe a turbo.
An HD Servicar in full police livery.
An 85 Honda Gyro (black and gold)
A Nimbus
A Henderson
A German WW2 Kettenkrad (small tracked vehicle with a bike front end on it)

Probably a bunch I don't remember, so I will reserve the right to adjust (add to) the list as necessary.

EDIT:
A couple of Honda Transalps
If that's your short list, there an't enough existing trees for your long list. Save the trees ! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Ok, you asked for it- besides the TW200 and the MB5 that I have, this is the list of bikes that I would like to add to the collection:

Kawasaki Mach III H1.jpg

The absolute number one dream bike for me: the Kawasaki H1 Mach III
Holy if-only-i-wasnt-broke.jpeg Batman, there's one for sale now. Why do they always come up for sale when I can't afford it?
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1975-kawasakitriple/6524893995.html

BMW R75 5.jpg

BMW R75/5 is another I've always really wanted.

Buell XB12S Lightning.jpg

Buell Lightning. Had one, loved it. It was stolen, want another.

BMW G310 GS.jpg

BMW G310GS- adventure bike on a diet. Like if you took all the worst parts from an R1200GS and a TW200 and mixed them together. Meh, whatever, I want one anyway.

Harley Davidson SX 250.jpg

Harley Davidson SX250. Really I just want to say I have a Harley and see people's faces when I pull up on that thing.

Honda EZ 90 Cub.jpg

Honda EZ90 Cub. Ok, so I think I have a problem where I just want offroad things that are bad at offroad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KTM RC390.jpg

As well as bad offroaders- seems I like alot of sportbikes that aren't fast too, starting with the KTM RC390

Honda CBR250RR.jpg

Honda CBR250RR. Four thimble sized pistons screaming at you at 20K is almost enough to forget that you can barely do 100 mph.

Aprilia RS 50.jpg

Aprilia RS50. Why did they sell 50cc 2t scooters here, but never real motorcycles?

Yamaha YSR 50.jpg

Yamaha YSR50. Again I find baby bikes neat.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts