TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

Registered
"You Ever Been Bit By A Dead Bee?"

Registered
However horrible this incident is, motorcycle riders share responsibility to ride safely. The driver of the car should be prosecuted for manslaughter or something. And the motorcycle rider should be prosecuted for wreckless driving, passing in a no passing zone, and wreckless endangerment. Borneo???

Registered
I have a hard time believing that wasn't intentional.

Registered
In my opinion, the driver of the car should be charged and tried for attempted murder.
I see people around here doing that sort of crap all the time; playing games on the road to intimidate other drivers: games that can and do get people killed.

Registered
While I agree strongly that the car driver should be charged, I still feel that we, as motorcycle riders, have a responsibility to obey the same laws that other drivers are required to obey. The wreckless endangerment the motorcycle operator is guilty of is to his girlfriend on the back with him. And yes, the Marquis operator is a total ass for deliberately trying to cause the motorcyclist to crash. And I'm not a lawyer either. I don't have one hundredth the experience that TWilight has. I just try to use common sense when that's what is necessary.

Registered
Reading the story, the rider filming says the car driver slowed down to 20mph under the speed limit.
There are driveways all along that road.
A motorcycle rider should expect that at any time someone would pop out from a driveway, or turn onto a driveway from the road.

The motorcycle driver had a passenger and a double yellow line and side driveways and a driver in front of him going 20mph under the speed limit. I know I sure would not have passed under those circumstances.

Registered
Yes, he does deserve some pain. He was a total ass doing the total wrong thing. I once was on one of my bigger bikes and a guy behind me at a left turn/light came around me into the right hand lane. I was turning properly into the closest lane after which, I started to change lanes to the right hand land. This guy was an ass trying to get around me, trying to not let me into the right lane. I, being the young stud on the street, gassed it. Not too far down the road I found myself on an on ramp doing about 70 mph or close to it. As I drifted a little bit through my turn, I said to myself, "who was the idiot here". Getting pizzed at another driver is okay, but keep your road rage under control. And no, old farts like me are not why we Americans have guns. My opinion.

Registered
And no, old farts like me are not why we Americans have guns. My opinion.

I resemble that remark:p....not all of us "Old Farts" act anything like the fool in the white car....nor like the fool on the MC, who was passing where he should not have been....especially with passenger in tow....

Registered
No proof that the car is doing under the speed limit. Imo these are typical sport bike idiots who where speeding and commiting multiple violations. Who knows the car driving might have swerved for something in the road and the biker doing a illegal move at the wrong time got hit. Don't know for sure but my bet is the bikers were speeding and reckless driving. The car driver if they did hit them on purpose, throw the book at them. But with the video evidence the bikers.... are at fault too. I would like to see more video if avail of the riders, more then likely doing the same thing. Makes they look more guilty. In the end, IF the biker obeyed the law he wouldn't have got hit in this instance!!!!!! Should be a video of this to all those dumbass crotch rocket riders, look what can happen when you ride like this. Funny this video is on a site called LANESPLITTING lol...Yes Ive had sport bikes and didn't ride like this :)

Registered
Well if some one want's t be an arse, and it don't affect me in anyway, why would I care?

Pass me if I'm going to slow for you, ...I'll do the same thing. No big friggin deal.

Now if you just think someone is being an ass and needs to be killed or run into the ditch, and it's your duty to do so, well, I don't care how you frame it, you're a phaquing arse and belonging in jail.

Registered
And what if these ass hat bikers hit 1 of your family members and killed them. Id bet you'd care then... Bikers who ride like this are endangering other not just themselves. What if they hit a car with kids and killed them all? I have no sympathy for pos that rides reckless on public roads. Not saying I would hit them, but if I see these pos get hit I drive right on by. I don't condone hitting them on purpose either fyi... Break the law pay the price, both of the parties involved in that video are at fault and both the biker and the driver should... face charges, not just the car driver. How about the biker face charges for endangering his passenger. She was hurt bad right...

Registered
What if a cow took a flying leap at the moon?

That's not what happened. Should I be able to shoot you if I think you're driving down my street too fast?

Wake the fog up man!

He should have got the license plate number and filed a complaint, not become judge, jury and executioner all in one fell swoop.

Registered
No doubt the sport bike riders were riding like sport riders tend to and were at the least passing illegally and deserve a ticket. Keep in mind I have driven similar rural two lane roads in TX where the speed limit is 70 MPH. Not having more info than what's been posted here I can't really say but it wouldn't be beyond belief the car was going 20 under. Regardless, from my point of view the driver decided to be judge, jury and executioner by deliberately inflicting serious physical injury and he could have killed the bikers. IMHO, the injured bikers deserve a ticket, traffic school and every cent the driver of the white car has and the driver deserves some hard time for his felonious actions, at least 5 years in Texas' finest prison and banned from driving for life.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts