TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of swapping front disc brakes for my drum, but i have a nagging fear that the disc isn't as tough. is my fear of bending or breaking the disc in a fall unwarranted?

i know lzrd has reported they are about equal in stopping distance, but the feel of disc vs the soft grab of my drum has me wanting to switch. i ride 70-30 dirt.

thanks

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The disc on my '07 seems tough enough, but I prefer the feel of the drum that my '97 had.

·
Registered
503 Posts
IMHO, its a no-brainer. Disc.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i just bled my brakes on my 03' and bought new pads and , I could stoppie if i wanted to hahah. I dont know i have always liked the feeling of disk over drum, maybe because my race bikes have that?

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
It's also easier taking the front tire off and on with a disk brake when the need arises.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Disc are alot better in water but I have drum and it doesn't seem worth the expense to upgrade it. Plus I really don't take my tdub in deep water. (thats what my quad is for)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I actually preferred the drum off road. I do like the disc more on the raod and its alot easier/faster taking on/off the front wheel. Plus with disc you dont have to re-adjust the brake every time you take it off. But now that ive had both i doubt i would sell it just for the front brake. I did for the brake, better electrical output/headlight and the newer carb is smoother. Either way you cant go wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts