TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drats! Glad I got the quarantine ride in when I did. Looks like I'll be dry-docked for a few weeks.

Annotation 2020-03-26 030645.png

Annotation 2020-03-26 030644.png

I'll pretend I'm a "rural inhabitant" for a few days...weeks...whatever!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've never been all that good at restrictions. We'll see how this goes.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the big sample jar. Seems excessive.
Interesting that they even have "motorcycle" listed though that is about self-qurantened as you can get before the term was invented.
The Governors and the States seem to be doing a very good job where the Federal Govt. has and is falling on it's face. In these times I'm a fan of some Govt. but not Big Govt. and this is the reason why.
Oh well. Stay healthy & safe.

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
I tried to edjumacate him last year with a bottle of Remy Martin, but he found it “a bit strong”

Apparently they tried to drink the stuff, instead of pouring it into the TW fuel tank ……

·
Registered
94 Posts
Admiral - better to be dry-docked than mothballed, laid up, or even worse decommissioned! Take this time to do a make-and-mend and enjoy some grog (I could be wrong but I think that's whats in the jar). In fact, I'd suggest you take the occasion to "splice the main brace" for an evening.

Seriously though, here in my province we've been under similar restrictions for quite some time - at first only recommendations but now in place as emergency orders (laws). As I am considered to be at high risk I don't really have a problem complying. Having said that, I'm not sure how much I'll be enjoying this in a couple of months (I think this is going to be a much longer sit than many others). It has put my TW265 project on hold for now, but I should still be able to use the stock bike to do my "essential" travel once the snow goes. On a more positive note, I firmly believe that the human spirit is pretty robust - we will make it through this.

To all - stay safe and healthy. Fair winds and a following sea.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got a recipe from another forum member more in the form of "rural inhabitants" as Fred used the term. "urine" is not where I was going with the above picture.

I'm ok with the order but in another part of it they are still promoting outdoor exercise: hiking, walking, running and bicycling. You know, things that don't get you hurt doing. We know bicyclists never get hurt!

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Think you could slip past the Border Guards? Maybe bribe them with some of Admiral Nelson's famous Apple Jack?

guards_at_frontier's_alpine_section.jpg

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Garden Valley's Border Patrol Guard. Not as well training like the above border patrol. I think he had a nip off the old jug already.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
For the curious these cocktail glasses are flexible silicone well suited for any inebriated TW rider's camp-out.
Mr & Mrs Reckless Abandon gave me a pair and I really appreciate them. So did a mouse or squirrel the other night nibbling the rim of one. Drop-proof, shatter-proof, actually Fred-proof but better watch them around your squirrelly drinking companions.
IMG_1608.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Kind of the same drill here. However they have not closed the state to hunting or fishing yet. And as you know il need one of my motorcycles to do that. As well as my job does have a necessity to society to keep me currently employed and able to travel back and forth to work. Well so far at least. All be well, we’re in for a nasty ride.

In short, here is what is allowed and what is not. If you’re not sure about an activity, skip it. Staying at home as much as possible during this time will save lives.
Allowed
(must keep 6 feet from others)
  • Hospitals and health care
  • Grocery stores
  • Banks and Credit Unions
  • Pharmacies
  • Take-out/delivery from restaurants and bars
  • Pet stores
  • Gas stations
  • Certain retail stores
  • Outdoor activities like walking your dog, jogging, or biking in your neighborhood
  • Child care facilities and babysitters (only if abiding by new rules)
Not Allowed
  • Social gatherings (parties, celebrations) with people from outside of your household
  • Dine-in restaurants and bars
  • Nightclubs and concerts
  • Shopping at outdoor or indoor malls and retail complexes
  • Fitness: Gyms, sports and fitness centers, health clubs, and exercise studios, dance and yoga studios
  • Grooming: Hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, day spas and massage services, non-medical wellness spas, cosmetic stores, tattoo parlors
  • Entertainment: Theaters, amusement parks, arcades, bowling alleys, music concerts, sporting events, museums, skating rinks
  • Outdoors: State parks, playgrounds, campgrounds, pools, skate parks, festivals

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The essential list is pretty vague. I am required to work 3 days a week right now. I am under essential non-profit group,(School) but they have cut the hours back. Nobody from work has actually been infected. Other than the 3 people we think had it before the covid 19 was known about or identified about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The feetie flippers of my new "Coronavirus ATGATT gear" are a bit cumbersome and make it almost impossible to shift. Since recreational motorcycling use (not to be confused with recreational marijuana use) is being restricted, I'm coming up with ways of riding the TW to "essential services". Like the grocery store for more booze, dog food, maybe even more booze...just to say I did. Mailbox run ain't far enough.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I love your two (2) "Border Patrol" pictures, especially the one of the guy sleeping, too frikken funny.
May I use plagiarize/use them?

After reading your initial post yesterday morning about motorcycle riding being banned I got together with 2 friends and we took a 165 mile ride to everywhere and nowhere, mostly upstate New York. We brought sandwiches and bottled water so we didn't have to stop in any deli's or stores and only stopped twice for fuel. It was a glorious day with some pretty funny observations. Even though we were not riding TW's I'll post a short video later on. One thing noticed was the huge amount of folks hiking, walking, biking and walking their dogs in and around the beautiful trails & paths of upstate NY. None in big groups or clusters but certainly a bigger awakening of Spring than you'd ever see based on cars parked on the side of the road. Especially on a Thursday afternoon. Of course every day is Sunday for now.

Here's two (2) forum members Me & Smitty Blackstone (Al) at the beginning of our journey before meeting up with our friend Luis in NJ. As you can see we confirmed with a tape-measure the required 6-foot of distance:

IMG_5797.JPG

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tape measure...hilarious! Will look for your Coronavirus Ride video. What's funny here is they are encouraging you to hike, run, ride a bike but closed off most if not all the parking areas to city playgrounds/parks, State Lands, National Forests.

P.S. be a photo stealer, I am!

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
If your supplies of toilet paper get wiped out and you need to rob your neighbors look for these signs... they probably won't have any guns. :cool:
bernie.jpg

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I wouldn't make that assumption Fred... there are some pretty mean ass Bernie supporters

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Drats! Glad I got the quarantine ride in when I did. Looks like I'll be dry-docked for a few weeks.

Annotation 2020-03-26 030645.png

Annotation 2020-03-26 030644.png

I'll pretend I'm a "rural inhabitant" for a few days...weeks...whatever!
View attachment 204311
i would consider riding the TW to be very essential to your mental health. we don't have any restrictions yet and when we do, they may have to chase me through the bush. i can see these laws for the populated areas as it is so easy the get close, but out here in the farm land, i can go for days without seeing anyone

·
Registered
228 Posts
i would consider riding the TW to be very essential to your mental health. we don't have any restrictions yet and when we do, they may have to chase me through the bush. i can see these laws for the populated areas as it is so easy the get close, but out here in the farm land, i can go for days without seeing anyone
I'm pretty close. My county has just under 1 square mile per inhabitant. Also have hundreds of square miles of hills and trails. Also, no cases yet. I'm not enjoying being lumped in and restricted like the rest of the cattle.
Did a grocery run with my wife this morning and grabbed a couple limes and some tonic to comfort the lonely bottle of Sapphire I forgot I had.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts