TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of the dual headlight look - i.e. Triumph, Honda Africa Twin, Honda AX-1 (<--How I wish we had these in America!)

So then I find this dude with a street-bob TW wearing dual headlights!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJJPOZUv7c[/media]

Sweeeeet!!!!

Anyone else have a TW wearing duallies?

How'd you set it up? Where'd you purchase from?

POST YOUR PICS!!!

Thanks!

Gary in Pennsylvania

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
It isn't very common on these bikes for couple of reasons, mostly having to do with light output and power consumption.

They're small individually and have small reflectors. That's fine as long as both lights can be made to operate simultaneously, but in order for that to happen you'd have to use lower wattage bulbs in both because our charging systems won't support 2 55/55 bulbs. On a late model bike you could probably squeak by with running two 35/35 bulbs.

The other option is to wire them to run solo, one "hi" and one "low". But a 55/55 will cause some of their plastic lenses and housings to melt down. Many of them were designed for 35/35 or even 25/25 bulbs so you gotta pick your housings carefully.

They're cool, but be aware that even a 60 watt bulb wired individually with such a small reflector isn't likely to perform as well or give as much coverage as a 35 watter with a stock reflector.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Let me give you an option:

Not only do you have an alternator output problem you'll need to run heavier gauge cable for 70 or 100 W of lights.

HOWEVER - there are now LED H4's available which use very little current (a couple of W) and two of those might be an idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Car-3528-H4-Bulb-68-LED-SMD-Fog-Light-Lamp-Headlight-12V-6500K-310LM-N98B-/130772297664?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e72a2e7c0&vxp=mtr

They don't have the best light pattern / Lumen output but for looks and daylight - evening runs in town are probably fine.

TW200SGP. M.Eng.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts