TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if the rear tire from the new Ducati Scrambler (and front tire) will fit TW ??

looking seriously at purchasing a new bike,

I LOVE the 796 engine !

·
Registered
134 Posts
I looked at one at the IMS. It looked like a street bike with scrambler styling. I doubt many owners would subject their new butt jewelry to anything other than the Starbucks parking lot.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Emilliano, the front maybe but it is a tubeless and might be tough to get it to seat. The rear is 17" so no go.....

I looked at one at the IMS. It looked like a street bike with scrambler styling. I doubt many owners would subject their new butt jewelry to anything other than the Starbucks parking lot.
Id say this is pretty accurate.... I own the other bike that Ducati bills as "off road" capable, the Multistrada. If hard packed dirt is "off road" that it would do very well otherwise with its street biased tires an off road vehicle its not. Its much more at home on pavement and is really a sport bike on stilts and it really shines when used like a sport bike or sport tourer, its a superb motorcycle for those uses. For real "off road" its too bulky, heavy and expensive to fix when you drop it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
living here in the Caribbean I ride a bike 365 days a year ..

probably 300 days are on one of my TW's , I absolutely LOVE THAT BIKE !!!!

with a Clarke tank, the Island being 13 mikes long, I buy gas in Town every over week..we are still at $4.00 a gallon

the Ducati Scrambler ...

:D

I do have a Hypermotard 796 (same engine ..the last only air cooled Ducati engine) and it is awesome !

BUT ...

not a TW

so ..

I have decided why not ! BUT something must sell first !!

I have a Neiman Marcus Hypermotard #001 1100 with 00/00 miles sitting in storage, and that might be my Scrambler $$

that rear Scrambler Tire looks awesome ~

and the 75 HP is perfect ! with the TW I am ALWAYS riding full throttle..the Island speed limit is 25 MPH, but there are two places where you can actually get to 50 MPH, problem wityh more Donkeys, Goats, Deer, etc than people ...

the ONLY accident I have ever had, last year, at 11 PM a deer tried to jump over me and did not make it ...

I hit the ground engine still running …deer ran off and I got up shaking

the Cycleracks full rack system saved me and the bike, NOT A SCRATCH !!!

so, Scrambler Ducati here I come !!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Now thats just funny :) Cant seem to copy the actual image of the bike

·
Registered
19,553 Posts
TWROG, maybe you just copied the boy racer wanna-be imitation off road accessories. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts