TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete's Cycle Shop is now a Ducati Dealer. I walked in today and they have three on the floor.
My favorite is this Urban Enduro.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I like the Urban too.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Thanks for posting. The Urban Enduro looks good. 800 ccs, 75HP, 50 ft-lbs Torque, 31 inch seat height, 3.6 gal tank and 420 lbs wet weight, and it sounds like ABS is switchable. Too bad it is $10k.

Wonder how it will do off road?

(Always thinking about: Honda CB500X: 471ccs, 45-ishHP, 30-ish ft-lbs Torque, 32 inch seat height, 4.5 gallon tank and 430 lbs wet weight. Range = 240 miles. Non-switchable ABS model = $7,500ish?)

·
Registered
357 Posts
i really like the ducati - but cannot deal with that pipe.
their exhausts have looked like a prop from a japanese manga video since they stacked them on the monster 800.
the diavel is attrocious too - the whole bike.
there's a real dichotomy in their design group i think.
the panigale and hypermotard are good - the rest "is not to my taste" he said politely.

Ken

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting. The Urban Enduro looks good. 800 ccs, 75HP, 50 ft-lbs Torque, 31 inch seat height, 3.6 gal tank and 420 lbs wet weight, and it sounds like ABS is switchable. Too bad it is $10k.

Wonder how it will do off road?

(Always thinking about: Honda CB500X: 471ccs, 45-ishHP, 30-ish ft-lbs Torque, 32 inch seat height, 4.5 gallon tank and 430 lbs wet weight. Range = 240 miles. Non-switchable ABS model = $7,500ish?)
Sweet Dreams OWT. :D

image.jpg

·
Registered
976 Posts
Man, I've been thinking about that CB500X a lot too. With the full Rally Raid kit, I think it could be a really nice alternative to the 650 singles (for how I would use it, anyway).

There's one on the Tucson CL now with only 1500 miles, the dude is asking $4500. Figure another $3k total for the Rally Raid kit + tires and other odds and ends, you've got a pretty attractive price point for an equipped adv bike.

The Local Ducati dealership has put a couple of Scramblers out front. I stopped by for a closer look, and I was kinda underwhelmed up-close. I feel like there's something almost cartoonish about the bike in real life. I dunno, styling is subjective. Parked next to a Hypermotard, the Scrambler reminded me of a Buell Blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts