TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I had the opportunity to hunt with my nephew Nolan. Nolan is six months older then my twins and now he's two weeks away from his 21st birthday.
Hunting has been a tradition in our family where Nolan's dad never hunted. My twin girls always showed interest in hunting so I taught them early and since Nolan lived close I brought him along as well. We have all hunted hard for the last 20 years and now Nolan has joined a hunt club and is hunting waterfowl on the Eastern Shore.
I have hunted puddle ducks and Canadian geese off ponds in WV and shot Sea Ducks off boats but I have never really hunted waterfowl on the Eastern Shore.
It was a treat yesterday, Nolan has all the equipment, skills and he setup everything.
Eastern Shore MD is probably some of the best waterfowl hunting in the world with a large verity of waterfowl. We seen thousands of Canadian Geese in the fields but unfortunately they were lazy and weren't flying. We did manage to shoot one each and I'm ready to return another day. Here are a few pictures of our day.

We were hunting puddle ducks on a beaver pond early morning.

IMG_6759.JPG

Walking to the blind with the decoys that he setup earlier.

IMG_6780.JPG

Nolan is gathering up the decoys we had 12 high altitude flybys. Time to try our goose blind.
IMG_6775.JPG

Nolan Calling

IMG_6793.JPG

The one I shot

IMG_6789.JPG

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Continued

Nolan standing by the truck full of decoys and our two geese on the tailgate

IMG_6800.JPG

Snow Geese flying over. There's no limit on Snow Geese but it takes at least 100 decoys to get them to land.

IMG_6792.JPG

Inside the blind

IMG_6781.JPG

Looking outside at the Canadian Geese decoys

IMG_6782.JPG

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He must have a good recipe for cooking goose. The only one I use is simple. Two cans of Fruit Cocktail, two apples quartered, put everything in the slowcooker. When done pour another can of fruit cocktail over the meat just to warm it up then serve.

Do you have a good recipe I have two more geese in the freezer that Nolan gave me last month?

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
He must have a good recipe for cooking goose. The only one I use is simple. Two cans of Fruit Cocktail, two apples quartered, put everything in the slowcooker. When done pour another can of fruit cocktail over the meat just to warm it up then serve.

Do you have a good recipe I have two more geese in the freezer that Nolan gave me last month?
Cut the meat into 1" cubes then soak overnight in spicy Italian dressing. You can take the meat and use it on spits for a shish kabob or just cook it on the grill and serve it on an Italian roll with melted swiss cheeses.

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cut the meat into 1" cubes then soak overnight in spicy Italian dressing. You can take the meat and use it on spits for a shish kabob or just cook it on the grill and serve it on an Italian roll with melted swiss cheeses.

Tom
Sounds Yummy I'll give it a try. Tom the melted Swiss cheese clinched it for me. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts