TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '89 TW 200 and noticed it is lacking the duct the airbox. My question is .........is this part really necessary? I won't be subjecting the bike to stream crossings or excessive dust/dirt or any type 1 track riding. I was thinking of placing some stainless mesh screen in the airbox in it's place. What does the collective think? And yes, I am wired as frugal. Thanks
Doug B

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am thinking about removing this. These snorkels are usually the result of meeting noise restrictions for road use and are restrictive to air flow. On my DRZ400, the first thing I did was remove the snorkel and cutout a 3x3 opening on top of the airbox and rejetted to match, but on the TW you are really limited in opening up the airbox other than that area just beyond where the snorkel went in. Between that and opening up the restrictive exhaust there is some power/torque to be gained by letting the TW breathe more and rejetting the carb. Not sure if I am going to mess with it or not yet.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I would reach out to those who have done the hollow mod stuff and completely deleted the air box/battery.

GaryL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts