TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll be hitting the road on my TW in a day or two, and it's the first time I've ever ridden on the street. So in an attempt to NOT look like a newb, what's the protocol for acknowledging oncoming bikers.

I know the Harley guys throw a couple lazy fingers down low, but what about us "regular guys", lol? Be specific, is it different for different styles of bike? Are our bikes even considered "wave-worthy"

I'm having difficulty picturing a cool, low gesture to a big guy on a bad-ars Harley from my knobby-tired ditch-banger, hehe.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I usually let them know that they're number 1 using my middle finger..seems to work well and they all follow me to the next bar. Gotta admit it does look cool to see a tw leading a pack of harleys

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
TdubOhio, nice vid! OMG, I thought I was the only guy who has a bell on his bike! I'm sure I'll pay dearly for revealing that fact! But it was only a $6.00 mod! And besides, the chicks all dig it! (Do people still say dig it?) m.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjALTjTLgg

[/media]

·
Registered
90 Posts
it’s just acknowledging them and being friendly, different people do it their own way. I think some people are putting too much thought into it thinking it's some gang thing and need to know how to do it right or your looked at weird. I say most the time I’m going too fast to see how someone is waving at me, but I can tell they are waving in some form or another. I have a jeep wrangler and most jeep people do it too. Don’t over think a simple thing like this focus on the road and the idiots in cars………On the trail it is a means of saying how many people are in your group so that is different as someone explained earlier.

·
Registered
422 Posts
One important thing to remember is - there are no such things as "Dumb Question"

I have long preferred the upthrust fist - Power to the People gesture -

Most important is the smile and the wave

·
Registered
326 Posts
I read somewhere that two fingers pointed down meant "keep two tires on the ground" or dont flippin wreck, so I use that one.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
And all the while Georgie is thinking, are we going somewhere or what.... Seems the Mayans were right. The poles have shifted and Idaho is now located in the tropics..
Gerry

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Well I'll be hitting the road on my TW in a day or two, and it's the first time I've ever ridden on the street. So in an attempt to NOT look like a newb, what's the protocol for acknowledging oncoming bikers.

I know the Harley guys throw a couple lazy fingers down low, but what about us "regular guys", lol? Be specific, is it different for different styles of bike? Are our bikes even considered "wave-worthy"

I'm having difficulty picturing a cool, low gesture to a big guy on a bad-ars Harley from my knobby-tired ditch-banger, hehe.

OMG! WAVE?!?!?

Don't you know that the bike will do an immediate somersault if you relax your death grip on the handlebars?

I usually throw two fingers down and back for Hogs, whole hand out sideways for Bimmers, two fingers for Crotch Rockets, and if I see another TW I'll jump off, run over, and hug the guy!

·
Registered
213 Posts
OMG! WAVE?!?!?

Don't you know that the bike will do an immediate somersault if you relax your death grip on the handlebars?

I usually throw two fingers down and back for Hogs, whole hand out sideways for Bimmers, two fingers for Crotch Rockets, and if I see another TW I'll jump off, run over, and hug the guy!

I will remember that. Next time I am in Hailey I will make sure to bring my TW and ride it around. I think you are the closest TW owner to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts