1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Going by the pic, yes, it's steel and weld able.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
The WR250R features the first 3-section semi-double cradle frame ever used on a Yamaha on-off road model. This advanced semi-double cradle frame has been developed using a great deal of the technology featured on our race-winning YZ250F motocross bike and the WR250F enduro machine, and consists of a cast aluminium/forged aluminium main frame, steel down tube and steel subframe.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The WR250R features the first 3-section semi-double cradle frame ever used on a Yamaha on-off road model. This advanced semi-double cradle frame has been developed using a great deal of the technology featured on our race-winning YZ250F motocross bike and the WR250F enduro machine, and consists of a cast aluminium/forged aluminium main frame, steel down tube and steel subframe.
Okay, thanks Borneo. That is what I thought. Also, I cannot help but notice that you said "...our race-winning YZ250F..." Do you work for Yamaha in some capacity? If so, what exactly do you do?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
No, KJ, I'm a lawyer in a small rural town. The above was cut and pasted to give you a quick answer to your question, I was at work and in a hurry and didn't take the time to add quotes and post the link. I'd do it now, but I don't remember where I got it. I think Motorcycle News.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh okay. Well thanks. Knowing that it is steel is definitely another plus for the WR on my list.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happened to the magnet you stole from 6th grade science class?
Hey no fair, I haven't got a WRR to test on ;D LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts