TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know TWBrian is running the 12" version (26-9-12") of this on his 2007 trailer wheel conversion but I was wondering if anybody has used this in the 14" rim version (27-9-14") on the OEM TW wheel ?

I have a 3" extension on the TW I plan to use this on I'm just wondering about the overall height and if that is going to be an issue

BTW if anybody has a scrap Duro or any other ATV tire used on a TW I'd love to see a cross section of the bead area (cut with sawsall) so I can see exactly what I'm dealing with when "trimming" the beads

I have a brand new Duro and a few other ATV tires I got from TWilight I have been tempted to cut in half but they are all brand new so it would be a waste

Duro-V2.JPG

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Nine inch width might make for a tight fit on a stock swing arm but your 3" should be fine. If not trim you side tread bars. You can always try trimming Russian style.
Reminds me of early days of Bighorn and Bighorn II ATV tire installations stimulating discussions for need of swingers extensions to gain width and length clearances. Did not Ronneydog have that size but in a Bighorn II?
A 3 inch extension will increase your suspension travel proportionally, say 7 inches just for discussion. Should bike have this 7 inches of clearance when swing arm is fully extended then no problem. Clearance might become issue with rear sub-fender/taillight assembly since tire is 3 inches to the rear and travels further in an upwards arc than stock.
I would suggest a 60 tooth rear sprocket for gearing compensation as well as to overcome all that rotational inertia from the tall, heavier tire.
Either way there should be a significant increase in flywheel/ gyroscope effect compared to stock and will really help maintaining momentum over rocky ledges, logs and other obstacles.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I think a 27” will be to tall and not allow much chain adjustment without an extended swing arm. My 26x9 Ceros is pretty tight width and height wise.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning to sell the 3" extended swingarm thinking it's 1" too long but with this 27" ATV tire it might be perfect as long as the tire is not too wide

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I was planning to sell the 3" extended swingarm thinking it's 1" too long but with this 27" ATV tire it might be perfect as long as the tire is not too wide
If you are successful getting the 27x9x14 Duro V2 mounted, it will fit in your 3" extended swingarm. The width will be close and you may need to remove or bend the forward lower chain guard bracket on the left side of the swingarm.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I know TWBrian is running the 12" version (26-9-12") of this on his 2007 trailer wheel conversion but I was wondering if anybody has used this in the 14" rim version (27-9-14") on the OEM TW wheel ?

I have a 3" extension on the TW I plan to use this on I'm just wondering about the overall height and if that is going to be an issue

BTW if anybody has a scrap Duro or any other ATV tire used on a TW I'd love to see a cross section of the bead area (cut with sawsall) so I can see exactly what I'm dealing with when "trimming" the beads

I have a brand new Duro and a few other ATV tires I got from TWilight I have been tempted to cut in half but they are all brand new so it would be a waste

View attachment 148649
I don't have a scrap one but on this page there is a video that i put together that shows how i trimmed mine on a scrap tire i had kicking around.
http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/9823-got-duro-mounted-today-3.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am running that tire on a stock rim. Fits fine there was enough clearance between the tire and the swingarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts