1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
As a cycle commuter they lost me at 20 mph limit and the 50 lbs.
When I was in Canmore last week I saw an electric all mountain bike - that looked interesting.
My friend in Calgary has a folding electric bike and he loves it. It has the 20 mph limit to avoid licensing.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've had an easy motion folding ebike for a few years now and love it. Can put it in my tiny 02 prius trunk. Gone for 50 mile rides to a few breweries. I like to pedal and get a work out but nice to just cruise on the motor when your pooped out. I lot of people love them for short commutes (I walk my dog to work). U can use motor on way to work so don't sweat and get a work out on way home. Bike trails allow them, no traffic, no parking issues. Save a lot of gas and hassles. And they are just so damn fun! Love passing people struggling up a hill. just glide right by them without breaking a sweat. Go rent one and you'll be hooked! Look at Sandor brand if you don't want to spend the big bucks. My brother got two and loves them. His car sits in the garage....

·
Registered
762 Posts
As a Zero owner...I'm sold on the concept.

My Zero DS is very-light, yet very-stable at speed. Range, on my 2012, is an issue. But JUST an electrical-assist bike, while far-cheaper...doesn't seem to offer much in real-world ownership. More of a novelty toy.

Two things Zero needs with their current lineup to make them competitive. First, they need to work to get the price in line with comparable gas models. Then, they need to overcome the bad rep they got by dropping support on earlier models. Once they, or another company, do that...they'll get some of the motorcycle market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts