TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tony,

With that "Diamond FIRE Technology", it has to be good :D. Just think of the power you would have if you could get two of those baby's in there :eek:! Aren't you concerned about snapping your chain ;)?

I am looking forward to your ride report. . . . .

Brian
Brian,

I was originally going to post this over in the firestorm you started in the basement. I was going to ask if using one of these spark plugs would offset my use of plastic straws, kind of like a "carbon credit". They do claim it uses less fuel and reduces emissions, two things every self righteous tree hugger approves of. Then I decided not to do it. It would only be inflammatory and I should really avoid doing that.

Tony

A view of the business end of the E3 spark plug.
E3.jpg

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't know if they work as well as they say; but remember similar types from the past. The theory on them was: instead of one little spark - you got three little sparks; and that would create a more complete burn of the fuel causing: less emissions and more power from the same amount of fuel moving you further per explosion, thus saving you fuel. IIRC

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Everything i have read about them has been from meh to negative and their claims of more power and fewer emissions are just that, claims with no facts behind them. Remember the "splitfire" (misfire plugs as i used to call them) plugs from back in the day? Same thing and proven to be snake oil, only effective at removing money from your wallet and nothing more.

Electrically the spark is going to occur at the path of least resistance, odds are there will be still only 1 spark.

Just put a good ol quality NGK in there and be done with it for a long time.

Get a set of these for your TW, they will add about the same about of power and performance....
qiBoEEogT.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts
The thing is – that the only positive reviews come from the design team – while the only negative reviews come from those who have actually put it to the test

As far as I can tell – the only thing it’s capable of doing is stirring up the mix as it comes into the cylinder – as to its longevity – an endlessly debateable subject

As to improved fuel consumption – this is based purely on the thought (read “wishful thinking”) that the design of the ground on the plug is going to actually diffuse the incoming fuel – thus (they) can further suggest that this will increase combustion rates, and as for “longer lasting” – well – that’s stretching the point a little too far methinks

“Grasping at straws” would perhaps be a more apt description ……

1 - 12 of 12 Posts