TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Think those are the ones I purchased. They fit fine. I only had to trim the spring slightly. Feels so much better than the stock pegs.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Just make sure they are not aluminum or cast pot metal. You want the steel ones.

Reactions: r80rt

·
Registered
195 Posts
Those *sure* look like cast. I think I'll pass on that one.

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
As mentioned above, you probably won't know if they are aluminum or cast metal, but at $13 ish dollars, you won't be out much. Few years ago, I bought some inexpensive pegs like you've listed. Turned out they were steel, and I've banged them up on rocks a bunch of times on the trail and they've held up great. Matter of fact, my left foot peg mount has been bent back several times without any damage to the foot pegs. If they are the one's for your, you're gonna like them.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I bought a set of those that turned out to be cast, and beat the stuffing out of them, and theyre still going strong. I have heard of the aluminum ones failing under light loads though. Ask the seller if they are cast or steel before you order.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the exact same as ski pro 3, the right peg required me to drill a hole for the spring to slip into. Other than that, they are fine and feels considerably different.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It looked like you can buy actual steel wide pegs for about 30 $ off of ebay. Theres only one person selling those though. Your only other 2 choices appeared to be IMS and $13 cast ones which like I and others noted seem to bea able to survive some abuse.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. What a difference these wide pegs made. I can stand for hours with no pain in my feet. The right side peg bad a hole for the spring in the wrong place but i looked up an old thread and followed someone's advice to cut off a small portion of the spring. The spring does not have to go in the hole; it just has to fit inside the peg enough so the peg can rotate back and forth freely. Some of the dimensions don't allow the pegs to rotate up as much as the stock pegs but i think the comfort to my feet outweighs the drawback.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts