TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
724 Posts
Hello from New Zealand,

Just been looking at bash guards for my new TW200 and have come across Aluminum Skid Bash Plate Guard Skid Plate Fit For 1987-2021 Yamaha TW200 TW 200 | eBay
Does anyone have an reviews on these? Fits, finish etc? I have searched but couldnt see any?

Thanks heaps,

Jono
Seller states skid plate is 3mm thick. While this is thicker than the OE tinfoil “guard,” it’s considerably thinner than the Ricochet TW200 skid plate, which is more popular & proven.

Better than the OE, if it’s the best option available to you at a decent price, it’s certainly better than nothing.

·
Registered
2021 TW200
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do @Rudolf, Ill post up some pics. I guess where I am we dont have big sharp boulders like some of the images I have seen from the states. We more have trees, banks etc to contend with so used more to slide over objects than protect from puncturing. Ill post up in a month or so once I have received it.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hello from New Zealand,

Just been looking at bash guards for my new TW200 and have come across Aluminum Skid Bash Plate Guard Skid Plate Fit For 1987-2021 Yamaha TW200 TW 200 | eBay
Does anyone have an reviews on these? Fits, finish etc? I have searched but couldnt see any?

Thanks heaps,

Jono
I have this skid plate on my bike, and just to confirm, it is thinner than the ricochet skid plates, it's not a perfect TW fit, so getting everything lined up to bolt in and tighten is a little frustrating, but it ain't going anywhere once it's on.

My feeling is it won't take hits like the ricochet, but at the same time it'll def protect your engine better than the stock.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I have this skid plate on my bike, and just to confirm, it is thinner than the ricochet skid plates, it's not a perfect TW fit, so getting everything lined up to bolt in and tighten is a little frustrating, but it ain't going anywhere once it's on.

My feeling is it won't take hits like the ricochet, but at the same time it'll def protect your engine better than the stock.
Depending on one's riding & terrain, the Ricochet can be a bit overkill. It is for me, but it's good insurance, so to speak.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
724 Posts
Good to see alternatives, anyway - truth is, not all riding terrains present the same risks to case fractures/damage. YMMV.

I have yet to read a post from a TW rider telling of a catastrophic engine case fracture due to ground contact (not saying it’s impossible, of course).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from NZ here also.
I got a plate made here locally (in Timaru) very similar to that one with 3mm alu.
3mm is good for the gravel roads we have here in the south Island including the single on the braided river flats. no need to for anything thicker.
paid about NZ$120 for it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts