TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed Moab 2016. I did the Andes, Amazon & Pacific tour instead. I cannot recommend this tour company highly enough. Trip of a lifetime in a country that exceeded all of my expectations. If you are thinking of such a tour, check them out and DO IT,

I keep my photos on SmugMug (no spam, no signup) and if you have any interest, my photos are here:

https://f-rider.smugmug.com/Ecuador-2016

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Those are my feet on the right!

ECUADOR FREEDOM BIKE RENTAL- Motorcycle Rental and Tours in Quito Ecuador

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nice photos, thanks! Was that a group tour or a self guided trip? Looked like it was a real good time. Food looks good, too!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was their Andes, Amazon and Pacific all inclusive a tour. I rented a BMW F 700 GS and the tour company provided the full itinerary, all meals, accommodations, admission to the various attractions that we hit and even afternoon snacks. There were only two customers but they were also filming for a promo video, so Adam & Becca, a really wonderful young couple who have the production company, were along as well. Wait'll you see their videos, with a drone following us overhead and Becca filming from the back of the truck with a stabilized, gimbal head video camera trained on us as we flew through some amazing canyons & scenery. The dailies looked amazing! One of our guides followed in their support truck and took great care of us as well as keeping us entertained. The lodges & hotels were amazing, located in the cloud forest, feet from the beach, on an Amazonian tributary or the top of an Andean mountain. Ecuadorans are very friendly and anxious to show you their country. Fell in love with the place, it's people and the "freedom" they enjoy down there, especially if you ride a motorcycle. Go anywhere you want, at whatever speed you want & pass police vehicles on double yellows. No hassles. Weather depends on elevation. In the cities and towns of the Andes, always around 65. Beautiful beach towns, always 80-85. Amazonia, well it's warm & humid. And lush. Almost everywhere. Lotta expats heading down there. And I can see why. I may go back in May for 6 weeks to a 2 BR, 2 bath condo for $20/night.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
thanks for sharing with us. i agree ecuador is beautiful, the people and the country.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Visit Ecuador

Just thought I'd kick this up a notch. As most know, Ecuador suffered a 7.8 earthquake on April 16 which kicked the shit out of the northern coast towns. They could use some help. They are bouncing back, though, as such countries and resourceful people do. The beautiful beach community of Canoa, which was one of the hardest hit, just had a surfing competition so, while many are struggling, they are still trying to continue their lives and their lifestyle. Don't be afraid to check it out. And the rest of the country, e.g. the Andes, Amazonia, Galapagos. was not directly affected by the quake. Take a trip. You know you want to. You won't regret it.

Chimborazo.jpg Tren Ecuador.jpg Galapagos.jpg Ecuador-648.jpg

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thanks for posting.
Linda and I are thinking of doing a similar type trip in Africa summer of 2017.
I'll add this trip to our places we want to visit.

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Surprisingly affordable considering the degree of support and equipment provided, figured it would cost twice the listed prices. Sounds like one can show up with just the clothes on one's back and a medium loaded wallet. Thanks munchmeister.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Munchmeister, thank YOU for putting this info up here. While I have ridden South America, top to bottom, and bottom to top, several times, one of the few countries I have missed is Ecuador...and I want to go there SO bad.

I will throw this out there, if there are ANY other members of this forum...fellow TW200 Misfits...that have a serious interest in doing the same kind of tour that Munchmeister posted about above...fly In....do the motorcycle tour through Freedom Cycles...and fly back home.......if you are SERIOUS...please send me a PM, and let's talk.

I want to get this done :)
Twilight, keep me posted if you go to Ecuador. My daughter lives there now, with a residency visa, so I will be going down again and would love to do another tour with the guys from Freedom Bike Rentals. They just finished an awesome back roads tour that looked "killer" (which is what it would have done to me!). But they have many itineraries that they do and they know this country like the back of their hands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts