TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some of you have installed this seat cover, but no matter how i try to get the seat back on it doesn't wanna go back on cause the buckles are in the way any help advice would be appreciated.

got it worked out finally

i used these small 11" bungees i had laying in my garage

this is how i got them configured

this is how it turned out

thanks again for everyone's input.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Cut the buckles off and lace it on with paracord or bootlaces.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I cut the middle buckles off, and then allowed the plastic buckles on the front straps to stay outside the horn of the seat, but my seat is bent a bit more than most due to the xt350 tank. As I recall its easiest to adjust the straps loosely, and then once you install the seat they tighten up. But how far you put the pad forward or back, will affect where the buckles and straps fall. It can be done, and everyone has to find their own solution. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
All good pointers in here DMD, I played around with D's seat (
) until I got it just the way wanted it, took some doing, but now that it's been on there awhile, it goes on and off much easier.

Good Luck!

Bag

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input everyone.. now i gotta try and find a local place that sells the parachute cord locally... thanks again

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Cut the buckles off and tie the straps with strips of velcro used to keep extension cords coiled. $2 solution from the hardware aisle at Walmart.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I cut the middle buckles off, and then allowed the plastic buckles on the front straps to stay outside the horn of the seat, but my seat is bent a bit more than most due to the xt350 tank. As I recall its easiest to adjust the straps loosely, and then once you install the seat they tighten up. But how far you put the pad forward or back, will affect where the buckles and straps fall. It can be done, and everyone has to find their own solution. Good luck. Tom
X2... That's exactly how I did both our dubs. OMM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts