TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a new chain and sprocket combination. I smashed the 2 wire set while putting it back together, I was able to repair the damage with liquid electric tape. I noticed the electric pick-up had 2 holes one of them had the pick up and the other was just a hole that looked like there should have been a second pick-up for the magneto ?? The bike starts and runs but is really cold blooded and wont hold an idle for about 5 miles. I am talking about the left cover with the electrics inside, is there supposed to be 2 pick-ups?

·
Registered
116 Posts
TW in BC is correct. There are only two wires. I found the same problem on the TW I returned to service just recently. The stator wire and pick up coil wire had been pinched between the housings. I attempted to splice the wires but was unable to get into the resistence range on the pick up coil listed in the manual at the begining of this forum. I replaced it. I think it was $59 at dealer. A small price to prevent a break down in the back country or AWOL occurance at work. You may be able to salvage the gasket but for $5.00 you may also want to replace it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts