TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice the TW has a fused aux battery cable hanging down the side of the frame. Is there such a thing as a miniature 12 volt tire pump that is small enough to carry on a trip? If a person is way out in the boonies and gets a slow tire leak, it sure would be nice to have a pump along. Last year a rider friend of mine got a slow leak about 30 miles from civilization on his Honda XR650. It was evening and he was alone, too far to walk out, so he drove it on the flat and made it back to the truck okay, but it cost him a tire and tube. The wheel somehow survived.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Look up portable air compressors online, there are a bunch of them ranging 10bucks and up.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
I don't think our bikes come with that lead, it's been added for a battery tender and/or air compressor by a previous owner.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think our bikes come with that lead, it's been added for a battery tender and/or air compressor by a previous owner.
My son has an 04 TW and mine is an 06. They both have it, but I have not looked at any others. On top of the battery there is a rubber fuse holder and the cable threaded down the side of the bike frame, held to the frame with two tie straps. On the end is a male/female connector that has a seal plug in it to keep dirt and water out. Maybe it is an option.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Same as mine, I added mine for a battery tender, but my mini compressor fits it also. Dual purpose.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
3 by 5 by 2 roughly.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've got one which I purchased at Walmart (I think). It's a Slime brand, even has a light on it, I cut off the cigarette lighter end and put on a plug that fits the tender lead you guys have. Works good.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
^^^^ Yeah, like that ^^^^

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Have a Cyclegear store near you? They carry a couple models.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Sears and Walmart has them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmmm... So I wonder if I pull the lead acid battery, install a Lithium Ion battery (much smaller and about 7+ lbs lighter) they might be room to install this air compressor in the batter box, with the Lithium Ion battery?

A TW with on board air AND it's lighter than stock! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Good idea, it just might fit. Try it and let us know.

Hmmm... So I wonder if I pull the lead acid battery, install a Lithium Ion battery (much smaller and about 7+ lbs lighter) they might be room to install this air compressor in the batter box, with the Lithium Ion battery?

A TW with on board air AND it's lighter than stock! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I will most likely do this. It will be a while, as we are traveling right now and I have a few other irons in the fire, so to speak.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Best air options for tires

Hey guys, I've researched this a lot lately. Here is what I've come up with: forget those Slime etc. Chinese made pumps that'll burn up in about 8 minutes...the best pump I've seen is the Moto Pump. In this post I'm linking to, there is a comparison and the cheapest option for purchase with no case or extra connectors for $59. Extra options available for extra $. Read the whole thread if you want to learn all about it. It seems like the best available to me, so I purchased one. ADVrider - View Single Post - New MotoPumps MiniPro Inflator (with ADV inmate bonus)

Other good options are: the Mini-Morph hand pump sold on the Pro Cycle site Yamaha TW200 Parts and Performance - ProCycle, and one of my other favorites is the press on connector that takes threaded CO2 cartridges. Amazon.com : Genuine Innovations G2673 Air Chuck Elite Inflator : Sports & Outdoors This is my under the seat always option with a couple of cartridges for my road bike, and I take the Moto Pump on longer adventures.

I hope this helps, Larry

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts