TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TW is not showing any signs of electrical power when I turn on the key. It push starts fine. Battery is at 13.5 V or so. I had been running many miles at high RPMS, wondering if it could have overcharged the system. I checked the 20 AMP Main fuse, Its fine. I have checked the obvious I think, Messed with sidestand, etc. Any ideas. I will be going to the manual but wondered if there are any common issues with this?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
If you have no headlight, tail lights, etc.,check battery connections, see it they are clean and tight.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do you have lights? switch is probably fine. You could jumper it out to be sure or check for continuity with a multimeter. If your lights work I would start testing starting components. Push button first then starter relay etc.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Is that 14.5 volts at the battery? If it drops to zero at the battery with switch on and it's not blowing the main fuse, the battery is bad.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my voltmeter is fried. checked the battery on my buddies Fluke tester and got 10.5V . Taking my battery in to get it tested and replaced. Just got it this spring, It is a bikemasters gel cell and has a 2 year warranty. Sure hope I can find the receipt. Im still baffled by why it went out. I rode just at 400 miles over the weekend and it should have charged it fine. I still wonder if my charging system is over charging. I am on I think my 4th battery in as many years. I will give a little ride report in another Topic. Had a good ride and Im sure glad the battery didn't give out on the "deer path trail" that I checked out after I set up camp.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shop said the Battery is fried. (One cell dead) Good lesson for going to the basics first I guess. I just bought it in March!! luckily it has a 2 year warranty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts