TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often ride alone. I tell my wife where I'm headed, but sometimes I spot a side trail and off I go. Is there some On Star like device suitable for m/c use that is not too expensive ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Spot. I have a lot of friends that use it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Get your amateur radio operators license and use APRS. That is what I use. No subscription costs.

I am currently using Byonics MicroTrak RTG and Moblink. The MicroTrak has been awesome. Jury is still out on Moblink.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
976 Posts
Be aware that a SPOT is not worth having (IMO) without the accompanying footprint feature and MedEvac insurance coverage, and these both cost extra on top of the device and basic subscription fee.

It's still not huge money for a device that works pretty well in my experience, I just know that it wound up costing a little more than I expected at first glance.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Breadcrumbs.

Seriously, some folks use track apps on their cell phones.

Best option is to be self-rescuing.

Still bored?:D:D:D;)

I have self rescued several times, but if I really screw up while alone in the outback (which is most of the time) and am injured to the point I can't get back on the bike, I will activate my PLB and accept the monetary consequences.:eek::rolleyes:

(which I keep in a pocket, not in the tank bag!!!!)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Rocky, tell me more about the PLB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts