TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Elliot Rodger shootings...people always have to blame the NRA.

The father of one of the victims tearfully blamed the NRA for his child's death. While I sympathize with his suffering, and understand that he wants someone to point the finger at, the NRA should not be that target. In these types of events, people are always looking for a cause, while overlooking simple, undeniable fact. A disturbed individual was at fault, and no one else. Not the NRA, not his parents, not public schools, not politicians, not the guns he used, or the stores who sold them to him. The individual himself, and only the individual, can be blamed. He is the one that planned the murders and pulled the triggers, period. Maybe if getting a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon were significantly easier, some of those victims could have not only saved themselves, but stopped this lunatic from killing the others! Of course you never see this angle in the media...it's always "blame the NRA".

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Let's all write our congressmen and ask them to ban cars and knives.
Don't you dare. Cars, meh...but trucks and jeeps and land rovers? Don't give them ideas. And I love my knives.

Don't sweat this one guys. That lame blame thing was so silly I can't even imagine the anti's put any stock in it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
The Idiot father of one of the Victims{sad as these senseless killings were} takes the time during his grief to try to make Political Hay....here is a hint asshole, the guns this punk was armed with and had, it appears, in his arsenal were mostly illegal.....

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The Idiot father of one of the Victims{sad as these senseless killings were} takes the time during his grief to try to make Political Hay....here is a hint asshole, the guns this punk was armed with and had, it appears, in his arsenal were mostly illegal.....
Where did you find this info? I was under the impression the guns were purchased legally. He was a nut job that should have been flagged in the NICS check if the doctors were allowed, or mandated, to report individuals withe mental issues...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Where did you find this info? I was under the impression the guns were purchased legally. He was a nut job that should have been flagged in the NICS check if the doctors were allowed, or mandated, to report individuals withe mental issues...
Have not seen a complete list of the weapons this nut had....he was indeed a nutjob. Of the 6 victims{this asshole was not a victim} 3 were killed with a knife, two with handguns, and one with vehicle...I was guessing from his manifesto, rambling as it was, that his apartment room was a filled with weapons of all types that he was collecting...I guess we will find out more as the situation unfolds. It appears his parents tried to turn him in....but the authorities, whoever they might be, basically ignored the pleas.

·
Registered
814 Posts
First three were knifed. Probably could have got a higher body count if he had stuck to just the knife. I doubt anyone had an idea he was active till they heard the gunshots. Senseless, disturbing, I feel for all the parents. The outspoken father no doubt felt a lot of frustration and anger. Shame on the press for invading his life during such an intense moment of grief.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
First three were knifed. Probably could have got a higher body count if he had stuck to just the knife. I doubt anyone had an idea he was active till they heard the gunshots. Senseless, disturbing, I feel for all the parents. The outspoken father no doubt felt a lot of frustration and anger. Shame on the press for invading his life during such an intense moment of grief.
You can bet if the grieving farther had blamed Obama and the open borders{which doesn't apply in situation of course} for something like this.....it would have been ignored by the press with extreme prejudice...but since he took a shot at the NRA, they were all over it....

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow I hadn't even thought of that - ironically I think you are right. He could have potentially killed more if no one had heard the gun shots and called the police, especially if it were done out of sight of others (as the stabbings inside the apartment presumably were).

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
His parents did not pull the trigger but I have to lay a big bunch of the responsibility on them. Where does a 22 year old kid in college get the money for a BMW and small arsenal from. As parents paying the bills they have a duty to know what the child is spending their money on. I get the impression this kid had an unlimited line of credit on daddy's American Express card and that is just wrong.

Man has been loosing it with disastrous results since the very beginning. The methods and weapons used are just a sign of the times and what is available. An F 250 pick up can be a lot deadlier in the hands of such a nut who is hell bent on death.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
When you have a child that disturbed, who calls the police to go check on their child instead of doing it themselves. Leads you to believe maybe that has been the problem for some time.
Mel

·
Registered
814 Posts
50% knifed. A knife is personal. I'm just guessing that he would have used a knife on his dad.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
His parents did not pull the trigger but I have to lay a big bunch of the responsibility on them. Where does a 22 year old kid in college get the money for a BMW and small arsenal from. As parents paying the bills they have a duty to know what the child is spending their money on. I get the impression this kid had an unlimited line of credit on daddy's American Express card and that is just wrong.

Man has been loosing it with disastrous results since the very beginning. The methods and weapons used are just a sign of the times and what is available. An F 250 pick up can be a lot deadlier in the hands of such a nut who is hell bent on death.

GaryL
While I do maintain that mr. Rodger was ultimately responsible, I will concede that there were certainly plenty of contributing factors. Undoubtedly his parents failed miserably in the upbringing of their son. I'm sure they didn't teach him respect or the value of hard work, or show that they cared about him (beyond the obvious lumps of money). Sad but true.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
We can always leave it Croatoan to come up with some deep insight. :D Hope this was not a perspective from personal experience. BTW, when did it become a dads job to get a son deflowered?

Parents who provide endless streams of money for nothing get what they pay for with kids. If this guy could not find a willing partner on his own at his age there was something seriously wrong with his head.

GaryL

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I find a bit of warpage in your attitude toward a kids first sexual experience. It should never come with and age related right of passage nor should it come from any outside help. If my own dad hired a working girl, he never would, I would have refused. That was my job and at my will when the time was right and with a partner I truly loved for as much as love was worth back in our early teens. Based on your thoughts I have to wonder would you hire a stud for a daughter?

No need for an answer but we do agree there were some loose screws in both his family and his head.

GaryL

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
While not endorsing casual sex or sex for money in the slightest let me state that often I wonder how much juvenile violence stems from frustrated sexual energy. Or to put it another way I know that in my youth while kissing my high school sweetheart I had no thoughts of crime or violence. I was happy just kissing!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
We should all be having sex with 17-year olds, even though there are not nearly enough to go around. Kind of brings a new turn to the phrase "world piece".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts