TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all, long time lurker, first time poster:p

So I was on my way back home from work the other day and stopped to get gas. Pulled up next to the pump, took the key out, and put it in the gas tank key hole. Usually, after I take the gas cap off, I put the kickstand down and walk around to my cooler I have on the back to get my wallet out...only this time the kickstand was imaginary. Point being, I wasn't expecting the bike to keep falling and we both fell over together on the pavement in front of everyone else getting gas. Totally noob. Oh and the gas cap was still off so what little gas was left in the tank covered me. :dread:

Anyway, in the carnage I broke the tip off my clutch lever. (And part of my dignity) I used the search function of the forum and couldn't find anything related to what kind of replacement levers I need to buy for the tdub. Will universal levers or oem levers work? I'd prefer something in black. Can't seem to find anything on google either. Would appreciate any help

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Welcome to the forum (at least posting!).

What year is your bike? If it is 2000 and earlier (front drum brake), levers are cheap and easy to find on ebay. If your bike is 2001 or newer (front disc brake) you should still be able to find some on ebay pretty easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's an '06. And I didn't even think about using ebay, that may be a good option. Thanks Brian! Btw beautiful bike. I love the color scheme and those rocket launcher things on the back!

·
Registered
20,166 Posts
pdaddy, you'll notice how TWBrian has carefully angled those rocket tubes slightly downward to counter any unwanted tendency to wheelie when he ignites the dense packed propellant. With the right nozzle design Brian may achieve Bonnieville salt flat fame yet.:D Aimed too low and they tend to ignite the tarmac.;) The believe the box holds telemetry and injection metering for the nitrous tanks seen on the front forks.:rolleyes:

Sorry, terrible tease. Those are the famous Tool Tubes that many of us have added.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hello and welcome! Take a look at any of the big box MC websites, they have a search by model feature, you'll be able to find one for $10 to $15.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
LOL grewen "if you're gonna keep doing that I suggest some lever protection." Hopefully I can get my hands on the gas station video and learn from it

Update: I did find a clutch lever for a newer model teedub. It was on ebay and took awhile to find bc most of the levers are for older models. Should be here next week:D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Makes me think of the little guy on Laugh-in years ago. Riding his tricycle and falling over. Hopefully the only thing bruised is your ego, and oh yeah, the lever.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
LOL. ok Pdaddy. that had me laughing. Thanks for sharing that! Good luck on lever search and put some bark busters on to protect those levers. I have fallen over countless times (never at gas pump...:D) and have never damaged or broke a lever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts