TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
50 miles from my house is my 'home' ski resort. So far this season we have over 450" of snow. We can get 23" of snow a day for 4 days straight and the highways don't even close. This is driving mountains too. From my house to the parking lot is an elevation change of a bit over 5,000'.

Sierra at Tahoe | Lake Tahoe California Ski & Snowboard Resort

Their last day will be this coming Sunday. Not because of lack of snow, but because kayaking, biking, golfing, tennis, etc all are making an appearance with the warm weather in the valley. When we get tired of snow, we just quit driving to it. Ha!

California might be expensive and a bunch of loonies, but boy does it have some fun outdoor activities too!

Hope y'all survive. 23 inches. Flat land too I bet.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Dude!
You live at the North farkin' Pole...what do you expect?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
We've already had to cut the yard twice!!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Finally Changing Here in the Heartland...

Sunshine through next Monday, so they say, and temps slowly warming into the lower 70s by the weekend....meaning I can ride the TW and umpire without snow suit and rain gear in hand ...:eek:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Yeah, I had to have the landscape company come and do my yard last week......it was tough watching them from my windows, while I sipped on an Iced Tea.

(not saying WHAT was in that Iced Tea) :p
I didn't have to cut ours either, we have a guy in the building who does that for the landlord. But I did sit on the porch swing sipping a diet soda, having a smoke, until watching him made me so tired that I had to go take a nap!! :p

Finally Changing Here in the Heartland...

Sunshine through next Monday, so they say, and temps slowly warming into the lower 70s by the weekend....meaning I can ride the TW and umpire without snow suit and rain gear in hand ...:eek:
Pat, I'm glad to hear its about to change for you.:) I know its been frustrating for lots of folks lately.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Today marks our fourth blizzard in eighteen days. We have received just over 23 inches of new snow in that time period.
If anyone needs snow please let us know. Free for the asking but you pay the freight.
I suppose you're a little more use to the snow and cold versus the normal lower 48'er, but I'm guessing you don't mind a little snow melt before late summer snows hit I bet.

Nice thing about living near the mountains and desert. I get the nice lower elevation temperature's and can go "visit" the snow in the mountains when I get the urge.

Take Care and stay warm!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts