TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the last few years my passenger pegs have become more and more rattly. I have chosen to leave them on for use with the wife or in case someone has a breakdown and we have to get out on one bike. In any case the pegs are very simply made and they do wear with use not to mention the rubber part has probably shrunk. so with the vibration of the engine and road they were singing like crazy and I couldnt take it any more.

So what I have done is disassemble the peg and drill the hole out much larger where the pin went through. then I got a 1/4 id 3/8' od by 1" long bronze bushing. I brazed it in the hole i drilled out and trimmed the ends to fit. then I used high grade 1/4" socket head bolts with stainless washers and nylocks instead of the cotters to hold it all together. it is nice and tight now with no slop bit moves as it should. now im not a fan of using sae hardware on Japanese motorcycles, but just try and find metric bronze bushing at a local hardware store. when I finalize some other work on the bike the pegs will get re powder coated.

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr
all fluxxed and ready for the torch
cleaned and trimmed

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
22000 miles but Im guessing its also a product of age. Although the pegs have been repowder coated a coule times the rubber pieces are 24 years old

1 - 3 of 3 Posts